A little appreciation for Slug

I think it's probably fairly obvious, but Slug is pretty pissed off right now, and it might be because nobody's showing him the appreciation he deserves. I mean, look at him! He's a genius with Hera!

So I feel we should rouse up a bit of appreciation for Slug, because, frankly, things went to bits last time he left and I don't want that happening again. Agreed?

------------------
Sundered Angel ,
The One and Only
Ares Webboard Moderator, and all-around Nice Guy

Agreed. And that is why I say this with the deepest reverence: Knock it of, Slug. RIGHT NOW!!!

------------------
Throughout their history these "unenlightened" beings have continually opposed and fought abuses of power wrought by their own bretheren. We, as the prophets would do well to learn from these Humans.
-Final statement of the Salrilian reformist Sirthis shortly before his execution.

Slug has achieved stuff with Hera that I have yet to even try.

-Walter-

------------------

I hope Slug doesn't leave. He does a good job.

------------------
"Oi, oi, oi, me got a hurt n here
Oi, oi, oi, me smell a ting is near
Me gonna bosh and me gonna nosh
An da hurt'll dissapear"

I guess someone forgot their daily sacrifice to the moderators... 😉

Slug, you may not know it, but you are respected and admired throughout the Ambrosia boards...not just on the Ares ones. Your talents surpass those of many other people, and not just with Hera. If you want an example of someone that respects you...Andrew. If he made you a moderator, and doesn't regret it even slightly, then that shows you there he has respect for you. I even believe he's mentioned it a few times.

If this doesn't help you feel any better, think of how everyone else will end up feeling if you leave. Who will be there to answer Hera questions or keep the engineering department running smoothly? Who will be there to provide humourous posts and comments at the right times to brighten up other peoples' days?

I hope you really think this through, and even though the choice is yours to make, I think you should stay.

------------------
When a great moderator leaves, there is great amounts of sadness among the population. Others will attempt to fill the missing person's shoes...but the moderator who left will always be remembered by others.

(This message has been edited by Avatara (edited 12-04-2000).)

slug man whats up? its different form youre ussualy happy self.

------------------
just take my post, and imagine everything is speeled right.
nickel count: 7

I'm sorry I hadn't shown my appreciation. But Slug is really quite remarkable with Hera. So, my thanks Slug.

------------------
Ne Cede Malis Sed Contra Audientor Ito

The only thing I recall Slug doing badly, is, well, he died...

Sorry about the stupid morbid jokes everyone.

Slug is a really helpful member of our community, and it IS only a small community, so we need every member we can get. We can't afford to lose our leaders.

------------------
8 Lightnings
Otherwise known as the Eclipse Knight
More Info on THAT to come...
"CRUISER DESTROYED. 91 remaining" -Ares, chapter 9, Hand Over Fist

I'm no longer going to be a leader though.

------------------
Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.
-Alduran Outlaw Rick Blazer
StarLance

Heh, all "leaders" of communities leave at one point or another.

Now I do realize that I'm not really involved in this community, but in this respect, both of our areas are the same.

From what I've gathered, slug has done some pretty good stuff and is a valued member of the community, but is a little POed in general (i also realize I don't know the situation, but my post still applies either way).

My advice to you slug, as someone who's been there, is that in the end its only worth it if you're doing what you're doing for yourself. Some people respect you, some people hate you, it always happens, and in the end, if you were to suddenly vanish and reappear a year later, only a few select would remember you personally (probably the few people you can call 'friends' on these boards).

All things come and go, and if a person gets tired of doing something, or being someone, you can't say much to change that person's view.

(If for some strange reason I've completely missed the entire point of this post, then anyone who is in any kind of position that has some higher level than a simple member of this board can take this advice).

To the Ares Community: See, not all EVers are asswipes 🙂

CS

Please, don't go, Slug. We all need you!

I need you, or I'll never finish my plug!

PLEASE?

Aaaaaargh...............

Chuckle Slug's going to be with us a while yet, don't anybody worry.

Nice advice, Captain Scurvy; quite appropriate, as it is. Still, as you're an EVer, it's probably some fiendish trick, right?

------------------
Sundered Angel ,
The One and Only

Damn

Why is it that you like to piss people off, sumo?

------------------
"Oi, oi, oi, me got a hurt n here
Oi, oi, oi, me smell a ting is near
Me gonna bosh and me gonna nosh
An da hurt'll dissapear"

I haven't been here for a couple of weeks. Could someone fill me in on what's happening?

Yes, Slug, you are a greatly appreciated and highly revered person in the Ares community.

------------------
Long Live Apple! Long Live the Mac!
(url="http://"http://www.geocities.com/salrillian")http://www.geocities.com/salrillian(/url)
(url="http://"http://www.geocities.com/evclassic")http://www.geocities.com/evclassic(/url)

Macman, Sumo (amongst others) got to Slug, and he sent in a resignation. Andrew's accepted it (which Slug now regrets), and Slug's leaving us as a moderator. But he's realised that he's got a whole heap of support, so he'll be with us for some time yet.

------------------
Sundered Angel ,
The One and Only

wonders why this topic isn't closed yet, as the event is over and the topic has reached its usefullness.

Oh, and Sundered Angel's post didn't mean to hint at MacMan getting to Slug, it was just the way he worded it.

------------------
"I'm a controversial figure. My friends either dislike me or hate me."

Originally posted by Avatara:
**wonders why this topic isn't closed yet, as the event is over and the topic has reached its usefullness.

Oh, and Sundered Angel's post didn't mean to hint at MacMan getting to Slug, it was just the way he worded it.

Actually MacMan is the sole reason for Slug's decision, which is why I strongly hinted at that in my post- 😉

------------------
Sundered Angel ,
The One and Only