Admiral: The Shielding Problem

Admiral Grammaticus / Nathan Lamont:

I know you're not planning on adding any new features to Hera, but there is one thing that I feel really needs to be added: The ability to choose "No shielding".

It really is visually displeasing, as well as patently stupid, to have debris, asteroids and such flash red whenever they're touched. If you could somehow work this into the next build, I'd be most grateful.

------------------
Sundered Angel ,
The One and Only
Ares Webboard Moderator, and all-around Nice Guy

I tried giving asteroids grey shields, and it worked okay...

I'd have to experiment to see which colors work best on the other objects that shouldn't have shields...

------------------
"You can get much further with kind words and a loaded gun than you can with kind words alone."
- Al Capone

It's already fixed and you'll be able to select "no shields" in the next release. I apologize for the delay in getting it to you all.

Originally posted by Admiral Grammaticus:
It's already fixed and you'll be able to select "no shields" in the next release. I apologize for the delay in getting it to you all.

Thank you. So long as it arrives before I release my plug-in, I'll be perfectly happy with that.

------------------
Sundered Angel ,
The One and Only
Ares Webboard Moderator, and all-around Nice Guy

(another reason I'm waiting for the final version of Hera before I risk full construction of StarLance)

------------------
Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.
-Alduran Outlaw Rick Blazer
StarLance

And now we can do AlterBaseType when the shields are depleted to simulate armor too!

------------------
-Pallas Athene, {M}ilitia Aeriane and Dysian Beta representative to the Obish Consensus
ThinkFish, and good things will come.
(This message has been edited by Pallas Athene (edited 11-27-2830).)

Admiral Grammaticus:

I only posted that bug report on the boards to see other peoples views on it, not to escalate my bug report or agitate you into fixing it. And...

Quote by Zell...

I decided to let everyone know this cause it has appeared twice on the same day I posted this topic

Thats my other reason. If I was annoying you, then...

• I had no intention of doing so...

• I'm sorry...

------------------

No problem, Zell. I've emailed you privately.