Oh Mr Angel type bloke....

I read in the breifing room you're a bit of a wiz with strata?

Excellent. Would you be interested in making 3 or 4 Breifing picts (Ships/planets etc) for me?

DO NOT REPLY WITH THE ONE WORD "NO". I hate that.

------------------
"A person needs change. Without change something within us sleeps and seldom awakens. The sleeper must awaken." -Duke Leto Atreides (Dune)

Originally posted by Admiral Devo:
**DO NOT REPLY WITH THE ONE WORD "NO".

I suppose he could just not reply at all

------------------
Throughout their history these "unenlightened" beings have continually opposed and fought abuses of power wrought by their own bretheren. We, as the prophets would do well to learn from these Humans.
-Final statement of the Salrilian reformist Sirthis shortly before his execution.

NO.

Actually, I'm interested. I'm not really a wiz with Strata (I was pretty good with Mechanisto, though), but I can do some things with it. A project is just the thing I need to get the motivation to actually get past fiddling with it.

------------------
Sundered Angel ,
The One and Only

Ares Webboard Moderator, and all-around Nice Guy

Okay, It's not so much a project, just 1 or 2 picts. I've made the easy stuff I need, but what I really want is:

A 3d pict of cruiser freind placeholder, with all those squares n green bits that all the other ships have for breifings
And A pict of the same thing for the Gate Ship?, the grey one with rings. It's big.

If you're really feelin adventurous you could design me a ship, but it' won't be used in the plug I'm releasing before the 18th (the one I need this pics for if possible).

Email me or something, if it's a bit of a sod doing them to a deadline don't worry, I'll get in touch for me next, better, plug.

Jumpingbeans40@yahoo.co.uk

------------------
"A person needs change. Without change something within us sleeps and seldom awakens. The sleeper must awaken." -Duke Leto Atreides (Dune)

Basically, I can't manage that.

While I can design new ships, attempting to recreate an already-rendered ship would be next to impossible. So, basically, I can't do the picts for you.

Still, it is possible I will be able to design a few ships for your plug-in. Post the ideas and I will see what I can do.

------------------
Sundered Angel ,
The One and Only

That's okay, I finally found a way to do me picts for myself! As far as ideas for ships go I'll let you be as creative as you want. I haven't got a real good idea for my next plug and so maybe your ships 'll give me one:

But so far the idea is we play two stories next to eachother, for instance first level play as human fighting salril for planet, then second level play as salril taking back planet or launching couter attack on humans.

I really wanna make completely new races, with all new graphics. So our project will keep you amused for months to come.
Another good idea would be to replace the main screen graphic where you select new game or network etc, y'know make it really shiney an cool! Oh and the ship status bar could be changed.

------------------
"Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines"

Hmmmm... I've just gotten my hands on Photoshop 5.5 (Fully legally- It was a lot of money!). I should be able to do some interesting effects with that soon as well...

------------------
Sundered Angel ,
The One and Only

Yeah, I want that too. How much?

I'm using Photoshop 2.0.1 at the mo, and it's still pretty cool.

------------------

Well, I've got the Academic Edition, so it set me back $600NZ. That's about $300US.

Ouch! That a lot. By the way my plug (black seas) is out. Don't expect too much - but I'm proud it's the first plug with a story (i think). Anyhow - have a go at it.

------------------

Does this mean I am the first to have designed all of the ships for a new race? (The Kr'Nagea; an overuse of antimatter, but you'd never guess that the only texture I used was the default "ground" :))

------------------
"If so, then how does one count to 10 on the Mac?"
"128, 127, 126, 125..."
-Pallas Athene, Member of the Obish Consensus

Originally posted by Sundered Angel:
**Basically, I can't manage that.

While I can design new ships, attempting to recreate an already-rendered ship would be next to impossible. So, basically, I can't do the picts for you.

Still, it is possible I will be able to design a few ships for your plug-in. Post the ideas and I will see what I can do.

I have already made 3D recreations of the already-rendered ships in Ares. If anyone wants them, they can email me at gajet@pacbell.net

------------------
I do not suffer from insanity
I enjoy every minute of it

-Cantharan Admiral za'Grom
After the capture of Earth

I want them!

------------------
Ťcoming soon Ares Webboard for Hot lineť
(if this Sarilian Carriers a-rocken dont come a-knoking)
(1-2-3-the devels after me-4-5-6-hes always throwing sticks-7-8-9-he misses every time)
(Devels Shack)
E |/| I || E |/

I've been away, on holiday, but now I back I'm glad to say.

I intend to get underway with a new plug, soon, and what I really want Mr. Angel, is a massive, massive ship with tonnes of mean looks and angular wings. I intend to use it as a planet eater or destroyer or something. I havent really decided, but a mahusive ship sounds great fun.

------------------

Yes. All good stories need superships. But the ones in mine are going to be prototype Attack Cruisers.

------------------
"I can ail what cures you."

A massive, angular-winged ship. I'll toy around and see what I can do. Any preferences for colour? Textures?

If It's big, I might use 48 frames of animation to make it smoother... Hmmmm...

------------------
Sundered Angel ,
The One and Only

whats Strata do?

------------------
'When you play with fire your gona get burned'
EM said about the Audemedon Gate ship well chasing Mags small vessal!