Plug Ideas

Does anyone have a (GOOD) idea for a plug? Not a revision, but a real, detailed, new scenario.

Also, once I have the planning done, would anyone be interested in helping me with graphics? I REALLY suck at creating graphics.

------------------
Long Live Apple! Long Live the Mac!

I've got a scenerio in the works, but with the way it's currently written out I'm going to have a hard time fitting it to the Ares engine. As for graphics, I suck too. That's why I'm having MoewX Design Studios do them.

------------------
Throughout their history these "unenlightened" beings have continually opposed and fought abuses of power wrought by their own bretheren. We, as the prophets would do well to learn from these Humans.
-Final statement of the Salrilian reformist Sirthis shortly before his execution.

When Hera officially comes out, I'm planning on making a plug that includes multiplayer levels as well as 23 new single-player levels (2 are bonuses). It's supposed to take place right after Ares ends. It will have 126 (so far) new ships, stations, and natural objects. It should be big and nice, and have some completely new ideas as far as playing style is involved.

------------------
"I can ail what cures you."

The scenario that I jsut started two days ago seems to be going pretty good, with two levels completed and fully operational. My setting is that, after the liberation of Earth, the UNS forms a new space force, the UNS Star Armada, and they seek out to destroy the Cantharan order.
I made some modifications to most of the human ships, bringing them almost up to par with the rest of the galaxy, plus I added three new ships: the Human Heavy Cruiser; a cruiser with a rapid fire laser cannon and a fast (not rapid) magneto pulse gun. The second ship is a human heavy fighter, which is a fighter that is a bit slower, has 210 shields, (so it can stand up to a missle hit) and a rapid fire laser cannon. The last ship is a Human Battleship, for which I borrowed the Grolk Battlecruiser sprite, (i'll put something in the story to cover that) and it has a rapid fire laser cannon and two rapid fire magneto pulse guns, so it has twice the pawer of a gunship; what that does, however, is ket rid of any turreted weaponry, making it hard to hit something. But, if you do hit something, it hurts.

Tell me what you think.

------------------

Sounds good, but for the heavy fighter to take a missile hit, you just need 200 shields. Cantharan fighters have 100 shields, but it can take a fusion pulse.

------------------

Hello, Plague Witch (Post if you understand). Part prison, part home.

Triangulum/T33

My possible plugin, with possible highly emphasized, would start with the launching of two research ships, the Minerva, a joint Ishiman-Obish ship and the Vulcan, a Human ship. Due to a sudden jump gate malfunction, the jump gate fails to directly function, sucking the research ships and a surrounding armada, including you, into the gate, transporting you to the Triangulum galaxy. There there are a number of new races which you must defend yourself against, while discovering what sent you and how to get back. The races would be the Kr'nagea, a race built of fire, the Zlaxcala, a dark, evil race, the Lin, Built of crystal in a freezing environment, and three other races arranged in a Strand-like fashion. I think the Zlaxcala brought you there, but I don't really know.

Who knows where the names came from?

------------------
"If so, then how does one count to 10 on the Mac?"
"128, 127, 126, 125..."
-Pallas Athene, Member of the Obish Consensus

I don't know, but they sound very familiar. Anyway, do you need any help? It sounds like a cool idea that I'd like to see produced as soon as possible.

------------------
Throughout their history these "unenlightened" beings have continually opposed and fought abuses of power wrought by their own bretheren. We, as the prophets would do well to learn from these Humans.
-Final statement of the Salrilian reformist Sirthis shortly before his execution.

I understand somewhat. Plauge Witch is the card that text is from, but part prison, part home doesn't make much sense to me.

------------------

Originally posted by Sargatanus:
**As for graphics, I suck too. That's why I'm having MoewX Design Studios do them.

Can I just ask how you get Meowx to do your graphics? When I asked, they said you had to pay for sounds and graphics. Don't tell me you're actualy spending money just for this scenario? Sorry but I'm just curious.
~Gav

------------------

this, I'm going to bed.

Originally posted by Gavin-Hardy:
**Can I just ask how you get Meowx to do your graphics? When I asked, they said you had to pay for sounds and graphics. Don't tell me you're actualy spending money just for this scenario?

Yes, but not mine. The state government gives out grants like water for "artistic" venues.

------------------

Macintosh Man:
Instead of using the grolk picture for the battleship why don't you use that "Gateship?" sprite which looks kinda human.

Sargatanus:
You mean you can actually get the govornment to pay for like game sprite development... that's crazy!

------------------
The stiller you stay,
the faster things move past you

The reason I don't use the "gateship?" sprite is because that sprite is already used for the human transport.

------------------

OK, I'm making the 1st level. I'll release it separately as a preview, so after I finish screwing around with it, I'll put it up (within the week?)

Mag, apparently you haven't heard of a grim monolith. Hmm... "They certainly are." That's a good one.

------------------
"128, 127, 126, 125..."

I have two things in the works right now.

The first is rehashed version of the original levels playing as Salrilians/other nasties. The entire thing has been changed, rather than just the races, including mission briefings, and many of the missions are completely unrecognizable. It'll be a fill-the-gap plug, until the real plugs start arriving.

------------------
Sundered Angel ,
The One and Only

Ares Webboard Moderator, and all-around Nice Guy

I've said it before Angel, and I'll say it again: I'll forward to your plugs, Angel.

------------------
"Go Galatic!"

Power Rangers: Lost Galaxy

I've only seen a grim monolith once before. Horrible card... Didn't read the flavor text.

------------------

Not horrible, just needs a Voltaic Key (1,T: Untap target artifact.)

------------------
"128, 127, 126, 125..."