Hera only reason for public beta

I dont think Here was planned to be released to public, but the reasonn why they did was probably to cover up a mistake made by someone. Well, in Game Ranger, some idiot announced in the chat room, around 4 days before the public release, the site where Hera could be downloaded and the password. Well, i admit that i went straight to the site and downloaded it so yes i got it before the release and IT WAS VERY BUGGY! And then I told an Beta tester where i had got it from and it soon went around the whole chat room. So, everyone in GR knew and then a few days later its on public beta test. What do u think. Am i an idiot, or did they mess up in keepinh it from getting out in the public, u decide.

------------------

That's easy -- you're an idiot.

Ooooh.... You were called an Idiot by Nathan Lamont himself!
That has to hurt!

------------------
"Let's do this!"
-Styth
Titan A.E.

yeah, ouch :eek:

------------------

Oh my god, i;m so scared of being called an idiot, i was hurt so badly. Please dont call me anything else, ooh.(This is all scarism right here.) Admiral, stop acting like your normal annoying self.

------------------

Hey, I'll throw in my .02˘ of idiocy at you. You're an idiot. The reason for a public beta test is to track down alot of bugs. If more people get the public beta, more people will track down bugs and (hopefully) report them.

Oh, about Hera being buggy, it doesn't seem all that buggy to me. Sure, I have to reinstall it after editing 2 scenarios, but who cares? Making an editor for a game that wasn't designed to be open-ended has to be rather difficult. Why don't you try and we'll see how much better your editor is?

------------------
"Do or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

I think all the people who are saying that i;m and idiot are the beta testers.Yes,i;ve tried it and it crashes a lot.

------------------

It's yet to crash on me, just don't try to delete a scenario. And AG, isn't it odd how the first time I see you in months is so you can call someone an idiot?

------------------
"...Cotton Mouse... to say that the plug is royally messed up is an understatement. I'm taking a look at it with Plug Checker, and some of these errors I have just never seen before..."-Obormot, debugger

ERA for EV:
www.geocities.com/rhysmctharin/erahome.html

(still in alpha stages)

1. Well, i never called anyone an idiot but they called me an idiot so i called i said it back.

2. IN MONTsH! I've been on but just have never said anything yet.

3. how do u get it not to crash on u

4. Where did everyone go. I mean no one is like in the Ares chat room anymore. Hmmmm, odd. And the reason for that is Hera is an old game and after beating the gateship like 20 times in a row straight u get kindo bored and so everyone left the Ares webboard, well, almost everyone.

------------------

Hey, don't be dissin' Nathan Lamont. He's the whole reason this board exists. You had two choices: they were covering up a mistake or you were an idiot. He knows quite a bit about Hera's release, so he went with the second option.

------------------
"I can ail what cures you."

I'm not dising him, I'm just saying the reason this board went down is because after u beat the last mission like 20 times the game got boring. It is a good game but it just gets boring doing the same thing over and over again.

------------------

Yes, ALMOST everyone. Anyone respectable, anywho.

We just need Sluggo to get the flak drone rolling, once he releases something, Others will be inspired. I'm starting mine after I finish Era for EV. Hey, anyone want 12 pages of plans and sketches for a scenario? I sacrificed my Bio class to write them!

Totally unreadable, too. 🆒

------------------
"...Cotton Mouse... to say that the plug is royally messed up is an understatement. I'm taking a look at it with Plug Checker, and some of these errors I have just never seen before..."-Obormot, debugger

ERA for EV:
www.geocities.com/rhysmctharin/erahome.html

(still in alpha stages)

Hehe, not much of a sacrifice.

This topic is getting rather pointless...perhaps a closing is necessary?

------------------
"Do or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

As you wish.

------------------
Replicant
www.axis.n3.net