Help me Obi-Wan Kenobi, you're my only hope...

Actually, anyone who wants to give me some help is more than welcome. Now, here's the trouble. I made a new Ares file starting with factory data. I changed the first levels a bit, and re-did the intros. I played it a couple of times. Once, however, when I started to play a level, the loading bar got about halfway through and a dialog box came up which said "error: Can't handle any more sounds." With a quit button and a continue button. I clicked the cont. button and the box came up again. This went on for quite a while until it said "Error: Can't handle any more sprite (something)s". I never got it to work. I dropped memory from the hard disk and Ares, made sure all files were the original ones, and in desperation removed the sounds file from the Ares folder entirely to see if it could do it without sounds. When I put the sound file back into the folder after Ares wouldn't load at all, It said "NOT REGISTERED" at the bottom of the screen, and the registration dialog box came up. The same thing happened when I opened Ares 1.1.1. Help.

------------------
-Traek Cicion of the Taeskor

"Never tell me the odds!"
-Han Solo

sounds too me like your screwed

------------------
"Learn about art captian,
when you understand a
species' art you
understand that species"
Grand Admiral Thrawn
at the fist battle of his
campaign.

(This message has been edited by Vice Admiral Ipvicus (edited 06-28-2000).)

I had the same problem. After getting those damned messages on the loading screen, I figured I had too many objects, so I returned to Hera and found that whatever changes I had made were gone and Hera had spewed out a load of random levels, although I admit they weren't bad 😉 Anyway, I e-mailed the so called tech support about a week ago and still haven't got a reply so I'm guessing they're as stumped as I am.

------------------
I have a plan so ingenius even an idiot could devise it. We will line all our ships up and fly straight at the enemy death cannons therefore clogging them with wreckage.