The Officer's Club Bar #7

Redsteven bursts through the door and exclaims "OH... MY... GAWD.... I can't believe you guys are still using this forum... that's pretty awesome. But it would be so much MORE awesome if you guys visited the Ares X thread and made some noise.

"Yeah yeah I know... it's been tried before. But what if we pushed it on the Ambrosia Banter board? Asking for a port is asking way too much. I propose we just ask for the source code from Nathan, who i will try emailing. Yes, that's PROBABLY also been done before, but we must keep trying!

"Seriously guys.... SERIOUSLY!

And just as quickly as he came... Redsteven leaves.

What the heck was that? Guys?

Quoting Jacabite:
"Theoretically it's impossible for time to run backwards. What's more likely to happen is everything is advanced forwards in time at an astronomical rate, which can leave a few things behind, such as that case of scotch and this bar."
(for some reason Quote suddenly isn't working for me - LCA)

Actually time becomes complex when it runs backwards (google complex time), which probably translates to a mirror image of reality running backwards or some such thing in normal 4d spacetimecontinumthingy.

Hm , I'd better have another GreenyBlue with extra ethanol after all that..., barkeep my old friend - set em up!

Quoting redsteven:
"Yes, that's PROBABLY also been done before, but we must keep trying!"
(nope, that damned quotation thingy still isn't working for me, must be an odd day of the month - LCA)
It certainly has been don before 🙂 - Try bribing him. 100 bottles of Ambrosia (heh - 10 points for anyone who spots teh link) should do the trick.
Good luck - God loves an optimist.

How much extra ethanol would you like? Our Warehouse Fumigation size, our Lake Depopulation size, or our Global Glacier Removal size?

Hmmmmmmm, tough one that,
--Pauses for a moment's thought (which could be months around here!)--

I'll go for the Global Glacier Removal, that should be strong enough to bury anything.

Hey guys! A case of some new, really really strong stuff from the other side of the galaxy I ordered 2 years ago just came in. Around the parts it came from, it's called Scrumble. The guy who sold it to me said it could peel the armor of a Cantharan Gateship. Anybody want a shot?

Scrumble...?
Sounds like a really fast drink.

Yeah, I'll try one.
Does it come with an insurance policy?

Fixes Anic his very unnecessarily humongous drink, then moves down the bar to where JacaByte stands. Scrumble, eh? If it can take the armor off a gateship, what exactly do you use to store it? I'm a little wary of serving the stuff in my establishment. Do you know what's in it?

It's stored in wooden caskets, treated with Strawberry Wine. Apparently wood is the only stuff that it won't burn up.

And no, I don't know what's in it. You can ask Death though, he might know.

It doesn't come with an insurance policy, as far as I am aware. It does come with a shot of Strawberry Wine. The salesman said I'd need every drop I could get; it can heal any ailment known and unknown to man, but I have my doubts...

This post has been edited by JacaByte : 09 October 2008 - 08:28 PM

Scrumble, scrumble, scrumble... you're not talking about Scumble , are you? Made from apples?

Anic, you might want to step away from that drink...

Breaks open a cask of scrumble, and puzzles. Um... would anyone care to explain to me what this colony multilegged worm-things is doing in the scrumble cask?

@sundered-angel, on Oct 10 2008, 11:00 PM, said in The Officer's Club Bar #7:

Scrumble, scrumble, scrumble... you're not talking about Scumble , are you? Made from apples?

Could be two different names for the same thing? 🙂

And Anic, those worms are just for flavoring; they should dissolve in a split second here. Try not to blink, it's really fun to watch.

A word of caution: if you don't want it to dissolve a glass and go through the bar, you should probably get out some wooden goblets or bowls and use those.

It's Scumble. Scrumble is a poorly-made imitator.

You only want the real thing, delivered in the real (wooden) bowls.

Mmmm, "chomp" so that's what the crunchy bits were, Scrumble Worms. Very tasty too. Adds a certain sharpness to the drink.

Ah no, ScumbleŽŠ™ is the same as Scrumble, only the label is different...
You pay extra for the label you know.

I'll have another one of those, hope it's not addictive.
And I'll have a GreenyBlueŽŠ™ chaser with it too if my credit will stretch to it.

I have returned with wonderful news. I just saved a bunch of money on my car insurance by switching to Geico!

And I have even MORE good news.

Nathan Lamont has agreed to release some of the Ares source code. Check it out.

Does this mean we'll be able to finally get enough technology to make the hyperdrive work on this thing again?

While we wait for Lord Commander Anic to come round, would anyone care for a game of Cripple Mr Onion?

...comes round....
now that was a drink to remember.

Cripple Mr Onion? Is that a cruel game then?
I thought he was ok since he got his bionic rebuild. He drank one Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster too much and it had a permanent effect on him, till he got his rebuild that is.

My dear Angel, are you returning to your Onion shark days? Customers wandered out of here with nary a strip of clothing babbling on about the gods turning against them after a few rounds across the table from you. I think I'll sit out of the first round, at least.

Having fun there, Anic? Like me to fix you another one? I should try the Scrumble, at any rate. fetches a wooden mug from under the bar. To your health, and the likely rapid diminution of mine.

Ok, I'll have some of that RED Scrumble (...wonder why it's labelled RED in big friendly letters..., oh well, no worries)

Time to repaint the place maybe?
They've reactivated the Engineering Dept. over on Bloc C. Some not so secret project they're working on apparently.
Could be an influx of thirsty customers soon.......

I'd better put in a service call on the Hagrabiscuit Vending Machine too.