Anybody interested in this?

Hey, i was just checking in on you guys again. sup, it looks like the boards are slowing up a bit ..=(

I stumbled across this wierd website game thing called bunker wars @ (url="http://"http://www.bunker-wars.com")www.bunker-wars.com(/url). It looked kind of interesting, and i like all of those web based games and stuff, so i wanted to try it. It looks like you can make teams and go around annihalating other teams. I thought it would be cool to make like an ares team, and go and kick everybody's a*s.

I don't know if anybody wants to try this or not, so let me know if you want to try it with me. I think the website is still being finished so we should be able to start things in a week or so at the same time everyone else does. So everyone would be new to the game when it starts. Well whatever, get back to me or respond here if you are interested or just think that it's a stupid idea.

ok well lata for now...I'm going back to College...HELLLLL Yea... 😃

------------------
ramble on..
--Jimmy Page
(list)
(*)(1st Class Zacha Admiral and guitar legend throughout the sol system.)

I've never really been a fan of the web-based games, but I know some of the others are.

------------------
Sundered Angel ,
The One and Only
Ares Webboard Moderator, and all-around Nice Guy

I can't seem to find any information at all about this game except for the fact that it's called "Bunker Wars". To even get INTO the official site you have to register, and when I try, no matter what I do it always says "Sorry, you screwed up the registration". Sheesh! And the other site it links you to has no information or screenshots or previews of the game whatsoever. I also can't find the game on a search. How exactly do you penetrate the fortress they have thrown up to prevent you from finding out about the game?

------------------
-Traek Cicion of the Taeskor
"What sort of man is he?"
"Oh, he's just like any other man, only more so."
-Casablanca

(This message has been edited by Taeskor Cicion (edited 10-20-2001).)

It was up and running about a week or so ago cicion. The whole site is down for now while they work out the bugs we all found while playing. It's still updating. The web server that used to hold the news/forums got a new host, so they are in the middle of switching. The game itself is similar to another web based game called cashwars that used to be popular. If you have any questions about it just ask me, i should be able to answer it.

------------------
ramble on..
--Jimmy Page
(list)

I see. Well, I just would like to know a little more detail in general., What sort of things do you control, what does the game look like, and that kind of thing.

meh, Planetarion's better 🙂

------------------
Time is the best teacher, yet it kills all of it's students.

meh, Hyperiums's better 🙂

------------------
"Might I suggest that we all forget we even met each other? You're involved in politics and I in theft. I'll leave it to god to decide which one's more dishonest."
-Stragen, The Sapphire Rose

ok so I think that it would be a good Idea if the ame is good other wise it will be a waist of time

------------------

Actually it's kind of fun. I was playing it before it got taken down for updates. Basically you start out with a base. Your base is just one of the thousands of squares in the whole database. You have the option of moving North South East or West on the board and start out 200 moves that can be upgraded to 600 moves a day by clicking on a banner really fast and then closing the window. So during your travels around the board you want to drill for energy in the energy fields. Each time you dig in a field you get awarded points. Some times you get lucky other times you don't, so you gotta keep trying.

Eventually you will get enough points to buy things at trading posts you find along the way. Once you accumulate enough points you can choose to buy special items like a bigger drill or something, or you could choose to buy defenses for your base to keep people from attacking you and stealing your points. You could also buy strength items, so every time you attack someone else's base, you can take more points and have a better chance of stealing from heavily defended bases. You can buy stealth items as well so you can spy on other people's bases before you attack so you don't end up losing money if their base is heavily defended. You can also buy security items to keep other people from spying on you.

The ultimate objective is to gain enough points to upgrade alot and get the best stealth, strength, security, and defense you possibly can. Once you are powerfull enough you will be unstoppable and then you can start working on the other ultimate objective, which is to gain the most points in the game.

Rewards and prizes will be given out to the top winners. Also you can dig in the mountains you find while wondering in the game for a chance to uncover prizes.

If we make an "ares" team or whatever we can all join up and make hit lists of rich bases and such and attack them alot. Teams also help your defenses by a couple defense points. If we happen to be in the top 5 of all the teams on bunkerwars, everyone gets rewarded a prize.

Whatever, basically it's fun. I'm sure i confused people, so ask if you have more questions.

Also post here if your interested, don't just not say anything i want some imput as to if this is a dumb idea or not.

------------------
ramble on..
--Jimmy Page
(list)

lol i take it nobody is interested in this...

------------------
ramble on..
--Jimmy Page
(list)

Aww, poor Jimmy. I think you were rejected.....

------------------
Falling inlove is when he lays in your arms and wakes up in your dreams...

Originally posted by Pallas Athene:
**meh, Hyperiums's better:)

meh, life is better... ...although hyperiums seems pretty good compared to how my life is right now.

Originally posted by Slug:
**meh, Planetarion's better:)

guffaw

😄

------------------
Newbie bashing = Tactical destruction of possible future threats = NATO
So why cant i do it?

Do you know if it costs anything to regester or not??

just wondering

------------------
the one who can is the one who should