The Officer's Club Bar

Cicion and Jralla turn from the bar towards Angel. Oh, hello, Angel. Didn't expect to see you here, but welcome anyway. Oh, and there's some bad news. PhylSec says that the ring has a huge energy shield which will be activated in two days. The shield is strong enough to deflect any bombardment.(I bet most of you recognized that quote.) Lieutenant Jralla here will have to get in extra early, but she will barely have enough time to get her fake I.D. together, and it may not penetrate the Sals' security measures. Have any suggestions? Buys Jralla another drink.

------------------
Commander Cicion, commander of Phylydion Primary Armada

"Never tell me the odds!"
-Han Solo

<Over comm>
I have a suggestion.
The anomoly generator on the MTBS Singularity is unaffected by sheilds, and could really mess up the ring. I could hit the part opposite her insertion and there wouldn't be any resources to check her ID. It could be done in crayon for all they would notice during a major raid.

------------------
Commander-in-Chief of the Nijayias Interstellar Navy.

Two things.

1. The shielding serves quite a few purposes:
    a)The primary function is stability. The ring dosen't have a roof, just 1,100 mile high walls on each side. The atmosphere stays in because of the method of synthetic gravity it uses; it orbits at about 1200 mile per second. This gives it about 1.6 times Earths gravity, 2.1 times Cantharis', exaxtly that of Salril's.
    b)The secondary function is defense. The ring absorbs a lot of power. The structure has been complete for quite some time, so it's two primary power sources are up. First off is plain old solar power. The second is quantum-kinetic electricity. The outward facing part of the ring, the "bottom" absorbs the energy of atomic and subatomic particals that collide with it. This effect is accelerated by the spinning. The combination of the two power sources provide ten times more energy than the ring, it's future inhabitants, and it's defensive weaponry could possibley need. So the ring was fitted with synthetic phased shielding; this stuff immitates solid matter and is almost as strong as the material the ring is composed of, known as scrith, which has been molecularly bonded, and is nearly impossible to penetrate. Not even Darkk's space-time disruptor thingey can dent this. Since scrith is a synthetic molecule it is completely reflective; a gigantic spinning mirror. Any light attack (i.e. lasers and weapons along those lines) would be entirely useless.
    c) The third function is offense. The sheilds are also capable of the death blossom effect, only at a much greater range.

2. As I stated before, the only way to infiltrate the Grand Oracular Council is by psychicly possessing one of it's members. And this only works outside of the ON's scrambling umbrella. If you are trying to infiltrate the ring, good luck attempting to make your DNA identical to a Salrilians. I might have a way to get you around this, but then the biggets security problem presents itself. Phylydions must maintain a constant body temperature, which is about 35°F lower than a Sals. Salrilian security forces keep tabs on every citizens heat signiture, and there is no way you can mimic that.

pauses to recieve incoming data

Oh great. Darkk is harassing the borders and I've been called disperse his forces, AND the ON wants it documented. Darkk dosen't quite know what my fleet is capable of, and if I go easy on him, the ON will surely know something is up. I only hope Darkk knows whats good for him and says it was just a training mission and heads home or here. Whichever.

------------------
" Throught their history, these 'unenlightened' beings have continually organized to opposed the injustices and attrocities committed by their bretheran in power. We, as the prophets, would do well to learn from these humans."
-Final statement of Salrilian reformist Sirthis before his execution.

(I suggest we continue this story in a new string. But keep the bar related stuff in here)

Saalin Brandy before I leave. And make it STRONG.

------------------
" Throught their history, these 'unenlightened' beings have continually organized to opposed the injustices and attrocities committed by their bretheran in power. We, as the prophets, would do well to learn from these humans."

The bar droid gives Sargatanus his order. Hey, Admiral, let's get one thing straight. I made up the Phylydions. They are MY species. You can't just come barging in saying that they must maintain a constant body temp of 35 degrees lower than Salrilians just because it fits the storyline. There is no one temperature that Phlylydion must maintain. As I said before, they are near-human. They have the same range of temperature but can withstand slightly lower temperatures, while not being able to cope with temps quite as high as humans can. Now, if you used your knowledge of human temp. tolerance levels and applied those to Phylydion, that would be fine.

------------------

-Han Solo

(This message has been edited by Commander Cicion (edited 03-03-2000).)

hoo boy. I'm gonna have to send my bar tab to NASA to have it calculated.

looks at bar tab
that thing looks like one of those serial numbers that are so hard to copy!

------------------
"In accepting the inevitable, one finds peace. In denying it, one finds hope."
-Last words of Admiral Williams before the fall of Earth.

Just give me your flagship transponder code.
We want to test the anomoly creator under full combat. Split into 3 groups to come looking for me. I'm calling in a few more ships to augment my gateship and MTBS. I'll have enough ships to defeat 1/3 of your command with no problem.
BTW - as you know the only substance that can block our powers is muuum (moo - ooo- um), which unfortunantly is found in great quantities in Salril Prime's mohoveic discontinuity. Anything you can do to disrupt mining or distribution?

------------------
Commander-in-Chief of the Nijayias Interstellar Navy.

HEY!!!! I ORDERED A PANGALACTIC GARGLE BLASTER!!!! fart :mad:
And you gave me a saalian brandy!!
This drink isn't suitable for my fart :eek: alien metabolism! fart :mad:
fart :mad:
fart :eek:
I am very fart :mad: angry about this fart :mad: mixup!

staggers out of the bar while farting loudly :eek:

------------------

Commander Cicion wrote:
**Hey, Admiral, let's get one thing straight. I made up the Phylydions. They are MY species. You can't just come barging in saying that they must maintain a constant body temp of 35 degrees lower than Salrilians just because it fits the storyline. There is no one temperature that Phlylydion must maintain. As I said before, they are near-human. They have the same range of temperature but can withstand slightly lower temperatures, while not being able to cope with temps quite as high as humans can. Now, if you used your knowledge of human temp. tolerance levels and applied those to Phylydion, that would be fine.

I've been keeping tabs on the species introduced in the AWB and that's what I implied. I probably should've said something about the human similarities though. But the human temp dosen't move more than .4 degrees in either direction unless affected by outside forces. I just figured by appearence that the Sals would have a higher standard temp than humans and therefore phylydions.

------------------

(This message has been edited by Admiral Sargatanus (edited 03-04-2000).)

Fleet Admiral Darkk wrote:
**Just give me your flagship transponder code.
We want to test the anomoly creator under full combat. Split into 3 groups to come looking for me. I'm calling in a few more ships to augment my gateship and MTBS. I'll have enough ships to defeat 1/3 of your command with no problem.
BTW - as you know the only substance that can block our powers is muuum (moo - ooo- um), which unfortunantly is found in great quantities in Salril Prime's mohoveic discontinuity. Anything you can do to disrupt mining or distribution?

Well first off, I can only communicate on tertiary channels like this one, and giving something like a transponder code would trigger a key word security program.

Second, if I sacrifice 1/3 of my fleet just so you can test a weapon, not only does that look really stupid/supicious on my part, but it would most definately launc yet another war. And right now, I don't think you want that.

Finaly, my control is purely military. I have no say in matters concerning economy or production. Sorry.

Look, it's not like there's much they can do about this right now, so we may as well wait until more favorable conditions present themselves.

------------------

HAY!!!! I ORDERED THIS WITHOUT SALT!!! :mad:

Slugg wrote:
HAY!!!! I ORDERED THIS WITHOUT SALT!!!:mad:

hee hee! I did that, you impersonater!

- Slug (Salrilian Spy, just don't tell anyone)

------------------

Shut up, Slug.

------------------

Shut up, Slug.

------------------

Shut up, Slug.

------------------

Sundered Angel emerges from a booth in the corner.

Very well people. You may all rest easy, knowing that our irresistable forces are gathering to strike down the invulnerable Salrillian Ring™. All those who wish a part may gather in the newly appointed Headquarters.

Henceforth, let the bar return to its proper usage.

He pauses dramatically

Barkeep! One Devil's Breath, super strong!

------------------
Sundered Angel ,
The One and Only

One SSD'sB, coming up.

------------------

-Han Solo

I like waht you've done with the place. I'll have a Merenzane Gold on the rocks. You know I've tried other bars but none of them can compare to this one (I'd better get paid for saying that, or else).

------------------
Make 7up Yours!!!!

Hmmm identical IP numbers

------------------

As M7UY explained in his first post, he and I are good friends. We go to the same school, and we were posting in the same room on the same type of computer. That's why the # is the same. One Merenzane Gold coming up, Seven. That'll be a half schintak.

------------------

-Han Solo