Pilot Ratings

I thought it would be interesting to see how people rated themselves and their characters as pilots. Here are the levels I suggest:

CANNON FODDER
Able to fly with slightly LESS skill than the computer in the game. Having difficulty beating the first tutorial.
LIMITED PILOT
As the name suggests, limited in capability and having difficulty surviving.
AVERAGE PILOT
Right up there with your Ishiman civilian with combat training. Able to live through a normal fight, but without much chance against, say, Sundered Angel. (But then, who HAS a chance against SA...)
ABOVE AVERAGE PILOT
Probably at the level of some of those UNS pilots who did a really good job in the fight to retake Earth. Some of them were really quite good, and while they could call themselves Aces, as they had more than ten kills, really couldn't accept the title.
ACE PILOT
Literally ten kills in the career. However, I refer to it here as a skill level. The higher ones are hard to get to, this is really very good piloting.
VETERAN PILOT
A stunning fellow. If he's human, he probably took down a carrier in a cruiser. Takes great skill to get up here.
ELITE PILOT
Again, this is a skill level, not a military position. This is as high as one can really aim for; but then, most people aim to be an Ace.
IMPOSSIBLE PILOT
Sundered Angel, maybe?

My recommended format would be:

NAME
Real: SKILL LEVEL
Char: SKILL LEVEL

Please be realistic in your assessments.

8 Lightnings
Real: Ace Pilot
Char: Elite Pilot

Piemur1
Real: ACE PILOT
Char: VETERAN PILOT

------------------
"Those the gods wish to destroy, they first make mad! bwahahahaha (maniacal laughter)" Xanthos from Baldur's Gate

Okay, now I am being realistic in my assessments!

Me: Veteran or Elite Pilot (but probably Elite)

Character: Impossible Pilot (I really don't have any character, but if I did this is what he would be like)

------------------
To Escape Velocity: Nova and Beyond!

Well, I've beaten a Gaitori carrier with just an ishian crusier before but...

Real: Above Average Pilot
Char: Veteran Pilot

------------------
With war there is great amounts of death. Men and women make themselves known, doing dangerous feats in their attempt to become heroes.
Some succeed, some don't...

I don't like ratings in set classes like this. They aren't very effective, in my opinion. I think that in real life, I'm a very good pilot at Ares (piloting is my greatest strength in Ares). My character is one of the best there is.

------------------
"Oi, oi, oi, me got a hurt n here
Oi, oi, oi, me smell a ting is near
Me gonna bosh and me gonna nosh
An da hurt'll dissapear"

Fleet Admiral Darkk

In real life, probably between above average and ace. I can circle and monty python, but rarely does my Eleejeetian cruiser survive in CH 16. It does, however, usually get the carrier (and maybe a second later).

RPG: Elite (I'm more of a strategy/tactics type)

------------------
Error: target is violating the laws of physics
Error: target is locally exceeding c
Error: unable to determine if target exists or not
Error: target cannot be hit

REAL: im vetran and anyone higher than that ill kill you on GR so stop posting higher than vetran or ill hunt you down and...
CHAR: i dont have one(im starting after midterms), he'll probably be a vetran too(hes more of a personal combat person)

------------------
just take my post, and imagine everything is speeled right.
nickel count: 6

Originally posted by Mag Steelglass:
**I don't like ratings in set classes like this. They aren't very effective, in my opinion.

I just thought I should lay down some guidelines before we began, that's all. Don't stick to them if you don't want.

------------------

"Anything that can be achieved using magic can be achieved using technology." -Salrillian Illegal Publicist ekt-Herna in his last message to the Salrillian public.

Real: average-above average.

RPG: Vet to elite.

------------------
Ne Cede Malis Sed Contra Audientor Ito

Real: (At peak) Elite (Now) ?
Char: Need you ask?

------------------
Sundered Angel ,
The One and Only
Ares Webboard Moderator, and all-around Nice Guy

Real: Ace-Elite
Char: Elite-Veteran

------------------

Real:Elite
Char:none

------------------

The Warps.

(This message has been edited by Xwarp (edited 12-09-2000).)