Massive Fleets: Audemedon vs. Salrilians

First of all, this is about one of my net games with my brother. I was being the Salrilians, and he the Audemedons, and so we both built up these two HUGE fleets! I mean big!! There must have been at least 35 ships, at the minimum!!! And so we set out and had our two fleets engage each other. The battle was huge, and my Salrilian ships were creamed! I always thought the Salrilians could beat up the Audemedons if they had enough ships, and I definitely had more ships than he did! It was so big a battle, the game screwed up, and then I ended up being torpedoes, different ships, and then finally an Audemedon trooper that had been launched by one of my brothers Assault Transports!! It was really messed up, but the battle was fun! I wonder if any of you have had similar experiences with super huge fleets, and also if the problem I just mentioned has ever happened to you guys.

------------------
To Escape Velocity 3 and Beyond!

Heh. Only 35?

Yes, I've had that problem.

Also- It's Escape Velocity: Nova.

------------------
"You can get much further with kind words and a loaded gun than you can with kind words alone."
- Al Capone

(This message has been edited by Mag Steelglass (edited 10-27-2000).)

Originally posted by Captain Carnotaur:
**It was so big a battle, the game screwed up, and then I ended up being torpedoes, different ships, and then finally an Audemedon trooper that had been launched by one of my brothers Assault Transports!! It was really messed up, but the battle was fun! I wonder if any of you have had similar experiences with super huge fleets, and also if the problem I just mentioned has ever happened to you guys.

Oh yeah, many times... Especially playing with Slug or Pyro...

------------------

grin

------------------
Good laws are produced by extremely bad manners.
-Alduran Pirate Captain Macrobius
StarLance

Well, maybe there was more, probably around 45 ships actually (and that is NOT counting fighters).

------------------
To Escape Velocity: Nova and Beyond!

(This message has been edited by Captain Carnotaur (edited 10-28-2000).)

grins

slug: remember that game we played with your 3 player map with the maxed out gat gunships and aud cruisers. I was a laser beam in that for at least a minute and then the gae froze.....

that was fun

------------------