I remember when...

This is just a bit of nostaligia for some of the older memebers of the board, and for the new guys, something of a picture into the past. I remember when there were a couple of battle stories written in this here. Most notably, it was the Ring War saga, and was a major military movement against the Salrillians orbital ring, which incidentaly was mostly a civilian construct and many innocent lives were lost. Ironic for the good guys to do that eh? It also involved some serious routing for the Gaitori, major losses on both sides, a few fights over who killed who, and a nifty new fighter type piloted by yours truly (I was part of that thing...).

There isn't much here in this Officers Club, 'cept the bar, and that has become seriously bloated and hard to read. I won't even think about trying to understand it anymore.

Anyways, I'll try and start again one of those battle-stories, they're very entertaining, and have the potential to include a great deal of people.

Anyone else have some old memories that they'd like to bring up? It's nostalgia week!

------------------
Ne Cede Malis Sed Contra Audientor Ito

Just so you know, the ring has evolved into the buildup, but in the process has lost over 2/3 of the origonal people.

------------------

Well, I'm here, Sargatanus is here, Cicion is here, and Sundered Angel is here.
So are Mag, Pharris, and Slug. Who's the *2/3 missing?

------------------
Me: You ******* IDIOTS!! That planet was INHABITED!!!
Them: Ooops
Me: Let's resume this disscussion at the admiralty court near airlock 13.
(immediatly following the first disrupter missle test)

Well, you left. (nothing against you) Origonally, 2/3 of the people were gone. Now, they are slowly trickling back. I can't remember them all, as a matter of fact I can't even find the topic, but there are more that are missing. I think Xwarp is one.

------------------

Oh? I did not know that "the Buildup" was an evolution of the Ring saga.
I'll try and get back into that, albeit that I'll be somewhat ignorant of the earlier developments as...well... it's a 173 posts! That'll take a week to go through.

'Sides, there are enough people around to have a constructive story built. Didn't the Ring Saga centrally have only about 5 or 6 people?

------------------

The Ring War Saga began as a friendly chat between Sargatanus, Cicion and Darkk about the Salrilian menace. I'm not sure how it was suggested, but it was decided to do something about it. Sundered Angel came up with the plan, which was modified slightly to suit the mission requirements. Then all mercenaries availible were called into the battle, where Slug's Home Armada clashed with the invading fleets. The Angel fighter wing, captained by El Spamo, struck a crippling blow, and was guided to a wormhole by Sundered Angel as the wrathful Salrilians turned on them.

About that point, the Ring exploded.

I'd say that's a fair summary of how it went, no?

------------------
Sundered Angel ,
The One and Only

Ares Webboard Moderator, and all-around Nice Guy

Originally posted by El Spamo:
**'Sides, there are enough people around to have a constructive story built. Didn't the Ring Saga centrally have only about 5 or 6 people?

Oh, probably right on that. Cicion, Slug, you, SA, Sargatanus, Pharris (I think). Read it for yourself and check me. I was the diversion, and so didn't have much to add.

------------------

Not that this is really related, but one of my favourite albums is a saga entitled "The End of the Ring Wars". It just looked funny people saying stuff about the ring wars and all. Sorry.

Sheppo

------------------
[http://www.crosswinds.net/~pshep/page
Yeah](http://www.crosswinds.net/~pshep/page<br />
Yeah), so what if I'm an Emo Nerd?

Yeah slug, you got the synopsis pretty well down.
I don't remember though who managed to come out on top... I think it was more or less nearly crippling for both sides, as each fleet lost significant portions. Such is war though, neither side really won.

BTW, I'm trying to insert myself into that "buildup". That's a toughie.

------------------

ill join one of those battle stories if u can sum up 100 posts in 1 paragraph

------------------

Originally posted by Pyro:
**ill join one of those battle stories if u can sum up 100 posts in 1 paragraph

I think you need to ask SA or Sargatanus first, but here's the sum-up (closer to 1000, btw):
Oracular Network gains evil sentiance, builds big ring around Salril. Phylydians, humans, Ishimans, rebel Salrils (Sargatanus), and others blow up ring. I (leading the Nijayias) was the diversion. Sargatanus merges with ON, and acts nuts. He discovers ancient artifact, ring is actualy mostly fine, tensions build with Phylydians, and a civil war after my disappearance makes the Nijayias protectorates of the Phylydians and Salrilians. Sarg forms GDA (bad guys plus Obish and Bazidan), UGPA forms to oppose him (good guys, Phylydian, Nijayias). Sargatanus merges with artifact. I return. Arliac discovered. Artifacts discovered there. I become governor of Phylydian-Nijayias Protectorate.

Not bad, IMHO.

------------------

Originally posted by El Spamo:
**I'll try and get back into that, albeit that I'll be somewhat ignorant of the earlier developments as...well... it's a 173 posts!

I can relate to that. I had to read the whole 40 about the ring, there's around 50 or so about the "Story of the Stolen Sword" which was after the ring battle. And then, as far as I know, the buildup came next, along with a few scattered posts lost in the many pages of the bar. (heh, try reading all 18 pages).

Just to show you how fast the bar has been building recently, I came in on about page 13, and that was the end of August. Now, not quite two months later, its up to 18 pages and counting. Kinda like how it was in the beginning, which is probably good.

------------------

Originally posted by Avatara:
**I can relate to that. I had to read the whole 40 about the ring, there's around 50 or so about the "Story of the Stolen Sword" which was after the ring battle. And then, as far as I know, the buildup came next, along with a few scattered posts lost in the many pages of the bar. (heh, try reading all 18 pages).

Just to show you how fast the bar has been building recently, I came in on about page 13, and that was the end of August. Now, not quite two months later, its up to 18 pages and counting. Kinda like how it was in the beginning, which is probably good.

Heh. I left at page 5 and came back at 17. Lots o' catching up to do!!

------------------

And I still remember when I opened it up. Kinda funny how it's been here abnormally long and still bears my old name.

------------------
-Traek Cicion of the Taeskor
"Never tell me the odds!"
-Han Solo

"Then we'll do it real quiet-like."
-Han Solo

And speaking of old web board memories, I remember when Darkk, SA, Slug, and Sarg joined the boards.

------------------
-Traek Cicion of the Taeskor
"Never tell me the odds!"
-Han Solo

"Then we'll do it real quiet-like."
-Han Solo

Yeah, if someone new wanted to see what the "old" days were like, just read the bar. Commander Cicion did a good job with it. 🙂

------------------