Map in Outfits not working

mac or pc

When this place was more busy my issues would be lost, now....

I am trying to use the Vellos Map outfit for my own ends. I thought it would be simple, just go into Outfits, select Map - the number of jumps, etc.

All my other plugs work fine.

I have tried this on my old mac and on my PC. The plug is set at 100% availability with no bits set. It shows in the outfits area. When I select the outfit to buy, nothing happens. It isn't purchased but the money that I set for the cost goes away. It doesn't show that it has been bought.

I have also tried putting it on a ship as an outfit. When I buy that ship and fly it to systems just like in the Vellos story line I should have the map work but it doesn't.

I am wondering what I could be doing wrong. I have tried removing all plugs from the plugin folder and creating a new plug with just the map outfit and it still doesn't work.

With an outfit that could be bought, I exited the game, I added the map and the requisite number of jumps and then went back into the game and that outfit could not be bought.

I'm stumped.

The Vell-os map outfit doesn't function like a normal outfit. It's actually a crön resource continually granting the player a map outfit, so whatever system they're in gets mapped along with however many systems out the map outfit being granted specifies. Any outfit that lists 'map' or 'paint' as part of its function won't be added to the player's inventory when bought, as they are a one-time use function that maps systems or changes your ship's color.

@darthkev, on 02 July 2014 - 02:26 AM, said in Map in Outfits not working:

The Vell-os map outfit doesn't function like a normal outfit. It's actually a crön resource continually granting the player a map outfit, so whatever system they're in gets mapped along with however many systems out the map outfit being granted specifies. Any outfit that lists 'map' or 'paint' as part of its function won't be added to the player's inventory when bought, as they are a one-time use function that maps systems or changes your ship's color.

So, unless I want to play with crons to make the map work the Map outfit is useless. I was thinking I was going to be hit with some simpler answer, but I can deal with not using the map outfit. It seems like they made one outfit a little over complicated though.

Actually, crön resources aren't that complicated, especially for something as simple as the recurring granting of an outfit. First, make the dates for when it can begin wildcards, meaning it can begin at any time. Then make sure it only activates if you have the other outfit you actually want on your ship. Do this by putting Oxxx in the crön's require field, where xxx is the ID of your outfit. Then for the crön's action for both its beginning and ending put Gxxx where xxx is the ID of the map outfit you want to grant.

Huh, I guess that does sound slightly complicated when I actually put it on proverbial paper. Do your best and let me know if you have more questions.