TC Idea

Probably, hopefully

A half-decent idea for a TC has been floating around my mind for the past month or so. I've been working on it for the past few weeks, incorporating a lot of recycled, redrawn art from other failed ideas (this should cut down on development time). Currently I have 200 systems, of which 100 or so are "populated". 14 Ships have been fully implemented with lots of balancingness and working weaponry. Also I have graphics a hundred more. I've also programmed most of the govt resources for the TC's 8 main factions. The overall plot is going to be fairly linear. Also, instead of the player experiencing the plot through missions written second-person, the player would be 'reenacting' a memoir of sorts written by the player's character. This 'memoir' would be divided into books, each one receiving a forward and advancing the date by several years (or something like that). A majority of the equipment you would unlock would be based on which faction you helped out the most during whatever story you're on (you might not always be given a choice, however), and may even be re-locked afterwards. So far I've got ideas for the first few stories, and I'm planning on including as many as I possibly can. Any ideas or criticism would be appreciated.

I have no ideas to offer at this time, but I do wish you the best of luck in completing this. A TC is a massive undertaking—Legacy has been in development for about 5 years now, and I'm still not sure when I might finish.

@darthkev, on 01 November 2012 - 08:22 PM, said in TC Idea:

I have no ideas to offer at this time, but I do wish you the best of luck in completing this. A TC is a massive undertaking—Legacy has been in development for about 5 years now, and I'm still not sure when I might finish.

First, HOTS looks great. Second, I've got a lot of experience in just how massive a TC can be, and this little gem right here definitely isn't my first try. Although, third time's the charm ;).

I like it. It sounds like the perfect way to tell a story rife with tragedy. The main character, late in his/her life, recounts all the misfortune that befell him/her and the failed attempts to do good in the universe, the survivors tale per say.

Or maybe you had a lighter tone in mind 😛

I'd love to help out with this project if you need any assistance. I have no graphics background but I can do most other things pertaining to EV Plugin development.

For those still interested, here's the inflight graphics for a third of the completed ships:

Attached File(s)

as always, I always approve of more content to continue on an epic game trilogy.

Hope to see you turn this concept rattling around in your brain into something AWESOME! Work it out 🙂

@reclusiveone, on 04 November 2012 - 12:14 PM, said in TC Idea:

For those still interested, here's the inflight graphics for a third of the completed ships:

Ah, you were the one working on those 2d ships. They're awesome, good work. I love the continuity of style they all have.

@meaker-vi, on 05 November 2012 - 11:20 AM, said in TC Idea:

Ah, you were the one working on those 2d ships. They're awesome, good work. I love the continuity of style they all have.

Thanks! That means a lot to me.