Attention EV Nova Writers!

you are needed

Do you consider yourself a writer, or just enjoy writing in the EV Nova universe? Do you have no plug-in to work on at the moment, or want writing practice to help you with other endeavors? Do you want to be awesome? Consider this a formal invitation to join the EV Nova bar topic.

It is a serious collaborative writing activity, beginning its second of three acts, and right now it really could use some more writers. The story takes place, for the most part, on Threshold Station, an independently governed station north of Federation space, which just so happens to be an ancient alien artifact world orbiting a star named Canticle. Its mysterious builders never finished it, left it abandoned in space, and now it has been taken over by Threshold Heavy Industries. Its leader, a ninja admiral. Its secrets, yet undiscovered. Its station AI, somewhat insane. Scheming Bureau, Mu'Hari, and rival corporations try to unlock the mysteries and acquire power among its many decks. Free traders, interdimensional beings, and pirates try to make a living. Powerful, evil forces threaten its very existence and every soul aboard.

Come, join us. We are an eclectic bunch, but all enthusiastic for our craft. This is no silly forum game, but an epic group storytelling experience. We have our own IRC channel on the Ambrosia IRC server, we PM each other often to work on posts together, and we have a lot of fun bouncing ideas off of each other and honing our writing skills. For some of us, this is just a way to blow off some steam and relax. For others, this is practice for professional writing or plug-in making for the game we love. Whatever your motivations, we'd really like to talk to you, tell you about our stories, and help you start your own in the setting.

You can go ahead right now and read the bar on the EV Nova forum, and the OOC (Out Of Character) topic there as well. Don't be intimidated by the volume of posts, however. We are barely a third of the way through, and like many an epic novel, the second act is often a time when new characters are introduced. We'd be happy to help introduce you to the story so far in a condensed form to give you the information you need to know to get started right away, and discuss further background and character progression at your own pace. You can write your own independent story, or join in with any of the other active storylines right now with our help.

If you'd like to discuss your interest, please post here, in the OOC topic on the Nova board, or join us on our IRC channel #bar on irc.ambrosia.net port 6667. If you don't know how to get on IRC, PM me and I'll happily walk you through it. Any of the current active writers would be happy to talk to you. You don't have to feel like it's a major commitment, some of our writers have posted very few times, and I wouldn't be posting this recruitment topic now if we hadn't lost some of our long-term writers to various real life time constraints.

Whether you're bored, between projects, want to practice or learn about creative writing, want to talk to other writers, or just have some fun in the Nova universe, we hope to hear from you soon.

Yes indeed, we need writers, and it's plenty fun. I myself started taking part late in the previous bar (though, technically, it took place outside the Nova universe at the time) and was welcomed with open arms. I highly recommend anyone take part, it really is a fascinating experience.

Egads, you mean to say we've collectively outgrown the "I walk out of the bar, jump in my awesome Manticore and blow you up" style of writing? ^_^

@captain-bob, on 02 September 2011 - 01:11 AM, said in Attention EV Nova Writers!:

Egads, you mean to say we've collectively outgrown the "I walk out of the bar, jump in my awesome Manticore and blow you up" style of writing? ^_^

Indeed!

So how about it, Captain Bob, you in? Don't be scared.