Help With a Plug-in

I am new to these forums and am not quite sure where to put this thread, so bare with me please. πŸ˜ƒ

I have created a plug-in for more mass in EV Nova, but I cannot buy the outfit I made. It shows up in in outfitter but I cannot buy it. I have enough money for it.

Oh and I don't know if this is important or not, but I am using a PC.

Thank you!
John

For future reference, posts about making plug-ins go in the Dev Corner. πŸ™‚

Could you give some more info? I'm not yet sure what the problem might be.

QUOTE (DarthKev @ Jun 15 2010, 08:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Could you give some more info? I'm not yet sure what the problem might be.

Okay, thank you. πŸ™‚

What kind of information do you need? So I know how to narrow the info down.

This post has been edited by J.W.O : 15 June 2010 - 02:48 PM

Well, it might just be easier to post a copy of the plug-in so I can take a look. I had one idea, but then realized the problem is going the other way.

Do you know what 'Require' and 'Contribute' bits are? Every outfit in EVN requires a certain Require bit be set in order for players to buy it. That bit can only be set by flying a non-Vell-os ship. My first thought was this had something to do with this bit, but realized what you described is going the other way (you can't buy a new outfit with a standard ship rather than not being able to buy standard outfits with a new ship).

So anyway, post a copy of the plug-in, I'll take a look, and we'll see if we can fix the problem.

QUOTE (DarthKev @ Jun 15 2010, 09:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well, it might just be easier to post a copy of the plug-in so I can take a look. I had one idea, but then realized the problem is going the other way.

Do you know what 'Require' and 'Contribute' bits are? Every outfit in EVN requires a certain Require bit be set in order for players to buy it. That bit can only be set by flying a non-Vell-os ship. My first thought was this had something to do with this bit, but realized what you described is going the other way (you can't buy a new outfit with a standard ship rather than not being able to buy standard outfits with a new ship).

So anyway, post a copy of the plug-in, I'll take a look, and we'll see if we can fix the problem.

No I do not know what 'Require' and 'Contribute' are, I never could figure it out so I leave in at 0. I can buy other outfitters just not the one I made. Um, another question. What file type does it need to be? πŸ˜„ Currently it is 'rez'.

Thank you for your help.

.rez works. I'm on a Mac so I can read that and the Mac version. Just make sure to compress it first. To do that, just right click on it and go down to 'Compress <filename>'.

This post has been edited by DarthKev : 15 June 2010 - 04:02 PM

QUOTE (DarthKev @ Jun 15 2010, 03:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

As this one has now done.

QUOTE (DarthKev @ Jun 15 2010, 10:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

.rez works. I'm on a Mac so I can read that and the Mac version. Just make sure to compress it first. To do that, just right click on it and go down to 'Compress <filename>'.

There is no 'compress' or filename when I right click. It says I am not permitted to upload this type of file. I have a vista. Not sure if that matters or not.

This post has been edited by J.W.O : 15 June 2010 - 05:04 PM

QUOTE (DarthKev @ Jun 15 2010, 10:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Never mind! I got it figured out. πŸ™‚ Thank you DarthKev, you've been a big help!

Ah, you did? Out of curiosity, what was the problem?

QUOTE (DarthKev @ Jun 15 2010, 11:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ah, you did? Out of curiosity, what was the problem?

I am not even really sure what was wrong. I made a different plug-in for a repair system instead and added what I was originally trying make and it worked. Though I would like to find out how correctly use the Require' and 'Contribute' bits. Is there a utility plug-in I can download?

Thank you.

I'm not sure what you mean by a utility plug-in. As far as 'Require' and 'Contribute' bits, they're rather simple once you understand them. What you see may be different from what I explain as I'm going by how Mission Computer works, not EVNEW.

When you access something where you can edit Require and Contribute bits, you'll see a grid of check boxes. each box corresponds to one bit, which is either Require or Contribute depending on which type you're editing. They can be set in shΓ―p and oΓΌtf resource types. A bit is set when it is checked.

If you set a Require bit in a certain outfit or ship, then the player needs the same Contribute bit to be set before they can buy that ship or outfit. If a ship or outfit has several Require bits set in it, the player needs all of the same Contribute bits to be set.

This way, you can make a ship that requires the player buy a particular outfit before they can buy the ship. This is how the licenses in EVN work. Each license sets one Contribute bit for its type, and each ship has corresponding Require bits set for each type of license it requires the player to buy.