Heart of Darkness for Nova Public Beta

QUOTE (Geek @ Apr 13 2010, 12:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I assume you used the plugin converter included with the PC version of EVN? I'll download the files and see if I can get it working in WINE. Maybe I can get a better PC conversion next time.

Yes, that's what I did; sorry about not being more clear. Hm, one solution might simply be to not provide a pre-converted version; as long as one doesn't have to mess with Stuffit to get the files to be converted, converting plug-ins on the user side isn't that much of a hassle, whereas messing with the files to find some arcane problem would be a hassle for the developer.

QUOTE (LordInsane @ Apr 13 2010, 08:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes, that's what I did; sorry about not being more clear. Hm, one solution might simply be to not provide a pre-converted version; as long as one doesn't have to mess with Stuffit to get the files to be converted, converting plug-ins on the user side isn't that much of a hassle, whereas messing with the files to find some arcane problem would be a hassle for the developer.

Stuffit sucks. Just use a ZIP file for compression -- Windows handles that natively.

That'd beside the point, StarSword. The issue was not with archiving or StuffIt, but with pre-converted files for PC made on a Mac. LordInsane has found that converting Mac files to Windows on a PC works better than using files converted on a Mac, because of the different programs used. Thanks anyway. 🙂

Hello everyone!

So, I dropped by the boards today for old time's sake, and was quite surprised to discover this thread was still alive and kicking! I had pretty much given up on this project since I had made a number of mistakes when doing the original conversion (which I learned from and avoided when doing Realm of Prey). Also, it seemed like nobody was playing Nova anymore. However, after reading this thread, it seems like there is still some interest in this plugin after all!

I'd love to work with Geek to help get the beta finished. I just did a quick search of my computer and discovered I still have all of my files from the beta (even the psd of the new splash screen, which is admittedly awful 😄 ).

Geek, if you're interested, let me know and we can figure out what still needs to be done.

QUOTE (MacDevil @ Apr 21 2010, 09:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Also, it seemed like nobody was playing Nova anymore.

This statement could not be further from the truth. Have you been in the Nova Board recently? We're still getting posts from new player wondering how to do stuff. As for here in the Dev Corner, there are status threads for two TCs still going: EVN:UGF and the Delphi TC. Oh, and this one, of course.

It seems to me EVN is still alive and kicking just as much as this thread. And it shows no signs of dying soon.