Swapping Ambrosia sounds with mine

Would love to 🙂

I hit up on EVNEW, but it doesn't appear to be capable of adding sounds. Years ago I replaced Mr. Biorelay's ever so annoying chirp (to me anyway) with a favorable wav. For the life of me I don't remember how I did that. The only instructions I found for doing so use Mac only programs.

:edit: Eh sorry, forgot to specify it was for EV Nova, if that matters.

This post has been edited by Psamtik : 09 April 2010 - 11:38 PM

QUOTE (Psamtik @ Apr 10 2010, 12:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I hit up on EVNEW, but it doesn't appear to be capable of adding sounds. Years ago I replaced Mr. Biorelay's ever so annoying chirp (to me anyway) with a favorable wav. For the life of me I don't remember how I did that. The only instructions I found for doing so use Mac only programs.

:edit: Eh sorry, forgot to specify it was for EV Nova, if that matters.

You said you're using EVNEW, right? You look under the "Resource Types" column for the SND resource list. That's where they all are. I don't know off-hand which of the files in the Nova Files folder contains the sounds though.

What you do is, you open up one of the SND resources for editing, either by double-clicking it or by clicking the Edit button at the bottom of the screen. You then click File > Import and open the file you want to add to the resource. Then you close the dialog, save the REZ file, and the next time you run Nova, you should have a different sound.

This post has been edited by StarSword : 10 April 2010 - 11:45 PM

I could be wrong, but I believe it's the file named 'Nova Sounds'. That ought to be it.

QUOTE (StarSword @ Apr 11 2010, 04:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You said you're using EVNEW, right? You look under the "Resource Types" column for the SND resource list. That's where they all are. I don't know off-hand which of the files in the Nova Files folder contains the sounds though.

What you do is, you open up one of the SND resources for editing, either by double-clicking it or by clicking the Edit button at the bottom of the screen. You then click File > Import and open the file you want to add to the resource. Then you close the dialog, save the REZ file, and the next time you run Nova, you should have a different sound.

Aah, cool. I managed to miss "File" due to the colors in my theme. Thanks for pointing it out :D.