Graphics Person Needed!

QUOTE (darthkev @ Jan 14 2010, 03:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Alright, here you go!

Wraith Plug Side Bars

Some of my finest work, if I do say so myself. You'll notice I made three different side bars for the Wraith. This is because the Wraith come on three colors: a sort of sky blue for the children, a more deep blue/violet for the youths, and a flurry of purple for the adults. I figured you could have each Wraith 'ship' have a different inherent government, one for children, one for youths, and one for adults. This way, the side bar changes with the 'ship' as the player 'matures' throughout the storyline.

If nothing else, though, at least you'll have a choice for which side bar you use for the Wraith.

Glad to be of help! Just send me some shots of the Sayle, Ymene, and Swarm so I can make that title screen. Oh, about the title screen, you mean the loading screen, right? Not the main menu? I suck at making buttons.

Thanks! These sidebars look awesome! I'm not sure we have graphics for the ships yet. I'm hoping to hear back from albuminouslump and see what he has for us. Jalisurr and I will discuss what we need for ship graphics and get back to you about a title screen. Yeah, the menu can stay the same. We'll also want some landing graphics if possible and some targeting graphics for the new ships (Sayle, Ymene and Swarm). Thanks again and we'll get back to you soon.

Targeting graphics will be simple. Just take the shipyard PICT, remove any color around the ship itself (if there is any. I'm speaking in reference to how all other ships in EVN have some color in the background of the shipyard PICT), and then run the PICT through Mission Computer's Target Generator Utility in the Utilities menu. If you have a PC, though, I'm not sure if EVNEW has a Target Generator or not.

At any rate, I can do those, as well. 🙂 I just need to know what they look like.

Just saying that the plug is still in development. I haven't heard from any more graphics people and the graphics people I've talked to haven't gotten back to me!

just do some mockup ships for testing. when you get a feel for the ships by testing the plug, make notes on what to change and then find someone who is willing to modify the beta ships for you. just my 2 cents.

use google's sketchup for modelling the ships. if you have trouble turning them into a rle, i'm sure we can all help.

http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehouse/sea...tags=space+ship
cargo ships: http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehouse/cld...b85&ct=mdcc

This post has been edited by Tycho : 30 March 2010 - 10:48 PM