EVO Ship Variants

QUOTE (Grenth @ Mar 5 2010, 11:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Why does the alien variant of the Voinian Interceptor have three Salvo Rocket Turrets? :wacko:
I think it's supposed to have three phase cannons, but thats just me.

Actually, you're right, it was supposed to have phase cannons.

Swivel or standard?

To be honest, I can't remember. Considering the price, though, I'd say swivel.

This post has been edited by Old Thrashbarg : 06 March 2010 - 09:56 PM

Fixed.

QUOTE (darthkev @ Mar 3 2010, 07:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's pretty similar to what Thrashbarg did. He gave an Arada to the Zidagar who previously didn't have one, gave the Emalgha a carrier, and even gave them Human weapons. There wasn't any sharing of ship designs, though, besides all those Aradas and Crescent Fighters.

Sorry for the delay, but there's one more thing.
Inevitbley, after the miranu string, humans would get some miranu tech.

If I remember in my plug, I gave UE
UE Gunboat- Modified Arada, a tiny bit less maneuverable but with a bit more armour, 4 blaze cannons,1 rear phase sw turret, 1 H missile Launcher, 1 Rocket launcher, 5 ammo for each.
UE Fighter Deployment Vehicle- Modified Miranu Freighter, Hunter missiles, but with 2 UE fighter bays and 10 fighters.

I haven't played your plug, but I always felt there should be a warship variant of the UE carrier.
No bays, loaded with Blaze Turrets, 4 Hunter Missiles and (if parren station is complete) Rocket Turrets

I'm quite suprised you felt it neccesay to give the zidigar an arada.
Their zidaras are very similiar to an arada, anyway.
Assuming you did Zidara variants too?
(beam variant, rocket varient -no turrets, just forward-facing guns-, carrier variant?

This post has been edited by REDchigh : 08 March 2010 - 11:16 AM

There is a Zidara variant, but merely an upgraded one. No weapons are removed, it simply has better systems. We didn't give the UE Fleet Crescent Tech since their weapons suck against armour, making them next to useless for Human warships against the Voinians. Blaze weaponry works fine against Renegades, no need for upgrade there. The UE Fleet does get Emalgha Turrets on their warships and a variant of the UE Fighter mounting four Emalgha Cannons called the Phoenix.

The fighter deployment vehicle is a good idea. I'm pretty much done adding to this plug-in, though. Still, you could make a plug-in adding your ships. And, if you can, you might want to add a new graphic for the modified Miranu Freighter, one that makes it red to fit in with the rest of the UE Fleet.

This post has been edited by darthkev : 08 March 2010 - 01:48 PM

I might do that if I decide I don't have enough time on my hands.

I might do that if I decide I don't have enough time on my hands.