desc Operators

quick question

After letting an old TC sit on the sidelines and rot for a couple years, I decided to restart it to pass some of the time. I had a quick question about operators within descriptions though, and figured I'd toss it up here for some insight.

I'm making a series of outfits (Levels 1 through 3) that allow for further upgrades along the way. Level I is ID 600, Level II is ID 601, and Level III is ID 602. I was hoping to include the following in the latter two description headings:

Level II heading:
{o600" * * * Level II * * *" " * * * (LOCKED) * * *"}

Level III heading:
{o601" * * * Level III * * *" " * * * (LOCKED) * * *"}

I'm getting blank descriptions though once I include the oXXX test. Am I really limited to using bXXX tests in desc resources?

Just bxxx (NCB) and Gxxx (gender).

And Pxxx. <cryptic grin>

Qaanol, be nice.

Have the outfits set bXXX on buy and !bXXX on sell (if possible, of course) then use {bxxx " * * * Level X * * *" " * * * (LOCKED) * * *"}

Another special thing about descs for outfits is that you can only use one {bxxx "true" "false"} operator per desc per outfit. Yup, it's a sham.

Why only with outfits? It works fine with multiple bxxx in a planet desc.

QUOTE (JacaByte @ Jan 29 2010, 04:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Have the outfits set bXXX on buy and !bXXX on sell

Yeah, I had thought about that before, I just wish I didn't have to stoop to that level. Darthkev had it right, it would be really nice if the outfit descriptions weren't so limiting.

QUOTE (Qaanol @ Jan 29 2010, 03:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

And Pxxx. <cryptic grin>

Ha, had to laugh. I'm on my 6th re-generated registration code already. Although I do sorely miss Hector!

All I know is that being limited to only one {bxxx "T" "F"} operator has broken one of my outfits for CTC-C and that I'll have to find a way to use more than one outfit to accomplish the same effect I had in mind before.

Where does it say you can only have one? A desc resource is a desc resource, it shouldn't have to put limits on descs used by an outfit that it doesn't put on other descs? It doesn't make sense.

It doesn't say anywhere, I'm telling you it's there because I found it. 😐

A lot of loopholes in Nova don't make sense.