I'm working on a total conversion

Here is an updated version of Qold Fusion for Teacup TC. If the version you have works, don't bother downloading this one. The only difference is in the compression. The readme should open fine on all platforms now.
Attached File Qold_Fusion.zip (34.67K)
Number of downloads: 50

And here is a brand-sparkling-new plug-in that extends the Teacup TC storyline. Its readme, though, will not be able to be opened on Windows unless it's run through a StuffIt decode first. :cryptic grin:
Attached File Qold_Tea.zip (32.12K)
Number of downloads: 50

Yep, I can confirm that the updated version of Qold Fusion had a non-binned rtf ReadMe. And that the ReadMe for Qold Tea is indeed binned. For good reason.

Oh, by the way, it's true. I'm back. (did anything interesting happen in the last 30 days?)

Woohoo, I did it!
Ugh, maybe I'll get the bigger fish some other time.

Hey Zacha! I thought someone was missing. There were a number of gravedigs and plenty of the same old topics we always get while you were gone. Oh, you missed the ARPIA trivia game.

This post has been edited by Guy : 29 August 2006 - 06:35 PM

@qaanol, on Aug 29 2006, 07:23 AM, said in I'm working on a total conversion:

<snip>

Very nice. Qold Fusion and Qold Tea really add a lot to TCTC!

@guy, on Aug 30 2006, 01:34 AM, said in I'm working on a total conversion:

Oh, you missed the ARPIA trivia game.

Not true! There still will be one edition!

I apologize for the gravedig, but this is the official thread for TCTC, after all...

I'm having trouble figuring out the secret. I don't expect anyone to just give me the answer, but could someone give me a hint?

There's only one government, that controls the planet and the patrol ships.

Killing the independent ships will raise your status with them, killing the patrol ships will lower your status with them.

Thanks, Eugene, now I just need to figure the rest out. Hmm...

Either I have a buggy copy or I'm doing something very wrong. I've figured out (or so I believe) that I need to disable Inspectors, board them, and take their credits to make a profit. However, destroying Inspectors lowers my status with the planet so I can't land. Thus, I need to destroy Independents in order to land again.

However, none of the Inspectors I board ever have any cash onboard. Is my solution sound, or am I supposed to do something else? Don't tell me the answer, just let me know whether I'm doing it right or not, please.

Also, what's with the station graphic? Was that required to make it work regardless of being used?

I don't believe boarding the inspectors is part of the solution. Raising and lowering your status with the planet is, however.

Teacup plays on an obscure feature of the game you may not know of. If I tell you it, however, that would be the same as just telling you the answer.

It has to do with goods, though. Yeah. I didn't know until I was told either, and instead just dominated the planet and lived off the tribute. (until Edwards fixed that, of course. 😉 )

Hmm... well, after some thought, I've come up with only one possible solution (unless I missed something).

At first, I thought the one good was just a distraction, something to help hide the answer. Kind of like a word problem in math, the problem will give you more information than you need to try and confuse you. However, that one good seems to be the only thing involving money other than the shipyard. Although, one can eliminate the shipyard due to the fact the player already has the one ship and thus cannot buy a new ship. The outfitter is always empty and is meaningless in this equation.

My only solution is that planets must sell goods to the player at a lower price the higher the player's status is and a high price the lower the player's status is. Basically, I need to kill independents, buy goods, kill inspectors, sell goods, repeat until I've got enough money.

Am I right?

This post has been edited by darthkev : 13 January 2010 - 06:30 PM

Just about.

You are playing on the fact that Legal status does influence Trade Center prices on a planet.

However, because the planet naturally trades 'Goods' at it's "High" price...

Awesome. I've suddenly become busy with school and two different TCs, so I'll get back to TCTC in about a week or so.

Thanks for the help, Eugene! Jaca, I'd thank you, but I chose not to read the spoiler, so all I got from you was that something was fixed. I can only wonder what that was...

** Edit:** Correction, one TC and one EVN Expansion.

This post has been edited by darthkev : 14 January 2010 - 02:38 PM