Nastiest Monster

No guardian or Evil Giants

Poll: What is the most powerful monster? (11 member(s) have cast votes)
What is the most powerful monster?
Death Knight
(1 votes [9.09%])
Percentage of vote: 9.09%
Dark Spirit
(2 votes [18.18%])
Percentage of vote: 18.18%
Lilith
(0 votes [0.00%])
Percentage of vote: 0.00%
Minotaur
(2 votes [18.18%])
Percentage of vote: 18.18%
Azerath
(0 votes [0.00%])
Madusa
(0 votes [0.00%])
Cyclops
(0 votes [0.00%])
Mind Hunter
(1 votes [9.09%])
None of the Above
(1 votes [9.09%])
This poll is dumb
(4 votes [36.36%])
Percentage of vote: 36.36%

This doesn't include Evil Giants or the Guardian, so don't say that I missed them! They are far and away better then any of the other monsters in POG. I'm open to suggestions other then the two of them, but please no plugin monsters!

Don't get angry at me for doing a poll on such a general topic. Someone already has on another part of the web board.

Dark spirits, they're really annoying!!!

Mindleechmadness, please use the edit feature to add to your post rather than double posting. Your second post was seven minutes after the first. How many persons could have read this in that time frame considering that this is one of the slowest forums at the present time?

I'm also editing your post by one word to make it more acceptable considering that we have some very young readers here. ~RD

(I'm also editing your post by one word to make it more acceptable considering that we have some very young readers here.)

What word? I couldn't find any swear words, obsceneties, or anything else in what I said. I'd change it if I knew what it was.

Mindleechmadness, on Nov 23 2004, 10:19 PM, said:

(I'm also editing your post by one word to make it more acceptable considering that we have some very young readers here.)

What word? I couldn't find any swear words, obsceneties, or anything else in what I said. I'd change it if I knew what it was.
View Post

I replaced the word you had with the word "angry." The original term was mildly obscene. No need for you to change anything, it's already done.

I've thought about this for a while and think I know why this poll won't get the results you want. The game is constructed so that you meet increasingly difficult monsters the further you go. Deamon Kobolds or Killer Ookwasps can be the nastiest creatures at the time you meet them because you are not yet prepared for them. Once you have built up your strength, increased your stamina, acquired better armor, and improved your dexterity, each creature becomes easier to defeat.

The first Goblin you ever met probably hurt you pretty badly because all you had was a rusty dagger, no shield, and strength of 8. If you met your first Sea Giant when you armor was 152, your strength was 750, your dexterity was 120, and your stamina was 435, you would take him out in three hits and not suffer a scratch in the process. He'd be easier than your first Cyclops.

Preparation is the key to all the monsters in the game.

I agree with RD. Is this a poll on the most powerful? Or the hardest to beat at that point in the game.

I think the most powerful foe in the game is one who's identity will not be revealed, but took me, at lvl 34, with every spell in SE, WOC, and DID in my arsenal, over 100 filters of healing, plus SOL (the staff, not the expression 😛 ) and 250 strength to beat. And it took me 30-40 min of fighting.

This opponent is in DID, and I don't want to reveal spoilers on....

~LabRat

Minotaurs just annoy me to no end.