Firefly in Nova

Oh, man. Thanks.

I've actually been looking into making one myself. Looking at numerous ship integration tutorials, as well as how to get a model ready for Nova. I found several models that the authors let anyone do whatever they want with, but its REALLY slow going, as a full time job, and learning how to make the model Nova compatible is slow going. Alot of the tutorials are in "modeller's" terms. So if you do release, I WOULD LOVE to know. Seriously.

Thanks for the heads up bro.

This post has been edited by OneoftheLost : 13 September 2009 - 12:59 PM

I understand your pain on that one. I've been working on getting ships modelled up in Blender and getting them over to Nova. It's been quite the difficult road.

Update: sounds like we're a go. The head honcho is doing an edit pass on the plug. I'll update further if/when it's up.

This post has been edited by krugeruwsp : 13 September 2009 - 04:10 PM

Oh man. Such a good day!

First, you get the green light. ❤

Then Flayzer returns my PM with the newest link. ❤

Can't wait to get home and try his, while I wait for yours. 😉

Thanks for helping a fellow out.

Seriously? It's coming together? Huzzah! It's so nice to see plug-ins actually get released when oh so many fade out into vaporware...

Oh, EV Firefly is far from vaporware. Much progress is being made as we speak, and part 1 should be completed fairly soon.

While that's true, it should be noted that what we're talking about here is just releasing a plug for the normal Nova scenario allowing you to purchase a Firefly-class ship.

I'm not going to call it a "preview plug" because that would vastly under-represent what has been done, but we've gotten requests for just the ship a few times, so I figured what the heck.

I must admit, creating the firefly universe would be an immense task, and with a full time job, I havn't had the pleasure of perusing most of the features of the full mod. I just wanted a ship to tide me over until part one. Thanks for the update Lindley! I can't wait.

For those wondering on the status of the full TC:
-The 'verse is 98% done. We're using the small star cluster model.
-The central storyline for Part 1 is done (in the missionalized sense, not just the story sense), although we may do a few more edits here and there.
-We're currently working on side stories.
-It would be nice if we could replace some of the generic Terragen landscapes with more targeted ones, particularly cityscapes for the Core, but I don't consider that vital.
-Some graphical improvements are being worked on.
-No, we don't have a release date, though if at all possible I'm aiming to have all side stories targeted at Part 1 added by the end of the year. After that there will just be gameplay and graphical tweaks to worry on, and maybe a bit of balancing although combat isn't really a big part of this TC.

This post has been edited by Lindley : 14 September 2009 - 06:07 PM