SHAN resource ID list?

you can find mission bits but not resource IDs

Let's say for some crazy reason I am making a Rebel Shuttle. And let's say I have managed to get the colors right and even get the the pictures all done. But I don't want the Resource IDs to interfere with those of EVN.

I was wondering if there is a program or file that lists the resource IDs of the shans. That way I know what to avoid.

I know I can do this manually and make a spreadsheet listing those numbers for future reference, but that is a lot of data entry. I would imagine someone would have come up with a program to access the EVN files to get the data and dump it into text files or the like. I am not a programmer, so I am not likely to come up with such a thing. Any information?

The ID of the shan resource for a ship is identical to the ID of the ship it's for. So if the ship doesn't conflict, neither will the shan.

Or is that not what you meant?

@jacabyte, on Aug 8 2008, 03:47 AM, said in SHAN resource ID list?:

The ID of the shan resource for a ship is identical to the ID of the ship it's for. So if the ship doesn't conflict, neither will the shan.

Or is that not what you meant?

I have done something like this before with a Pirate Thunderhead. I had changed the skin of the ship but not the resources of the shan or rled. When I tried the new pirate thunderhead, ALL the pirate thunderheads looked like mine. Once I changed the resource IDs, I got my ship back and everything was back to normal. Certain things like the engine GLOW were ok to keep, as one glow was the same as the next.

Just to be 100% clear, I am referring to the data in the SHAN resource BaseImageID, BaseMaskID, GlowImageID, GlowImageID, LightImageID and LightMaskID

I have done this before but it has been hit and miss. I have wanted a list of data to work from and I wanted to be lazy and not build it myself.

You mean a listing of rleD IDs? Yeah, those can be awkward. The rleDs for ships are all in the Ships files. EVNEW and ConText can export data files to spreadsheets.

One of my planned projects is a list of every resource, including bits, that is free in EVN. It's going to take a while, though.

@guy, on Aug 8 2008, 06:11 AM, said in SHAN resource ID list?:

You mean a listing of rleD IDs? Yeah, those can be awkward. The rleDs for ships are all in the Ships files. EVNEW and ConText can export data files to spreadsheets.

Thanks. I Usually download any utility that looks useful. If I use it then or now. Here I finally used it and I am quite happy.