A Call For Work

Acheron Expansion

I noticed that there are a good deal of requests for graphics out there, but at the moment, while I could use a graphics artist, what I really need is a competent coding person with a reasonable amount of free time.

Because I know how things go, and I really hope to streamline productivity, I'm going to (unfortunately) need to set some requirements for application:

- Experience with all or almost all resources in the EVN engine.
- An example of previous coding work that is relatively large in size and lacking in bugs. I just need to know that you can handle a large workload and that you can do it without making too many mistakes. If you have some other example of your work that can demonstrate this to me, that's fine too
- Enough time to get work done, and, if possible, hit deadlines. I would like a commitment of a minimum of 4 hours per week devoted to the project, although the actual time spent is not as important to me as the results.
- The ability to write and communicate over email with clarity. (Believe me, I've found this to be more of an issue than you'd think.)
- No contentiousness. Disagreements between members of a team irk me, and I can't afford the time or the effort to keep things in check. I request in general that any applying be at least of university age, but I'm setting no specific limit because I know how maturity levels can vary, and I can't be too picky because I'm not paying you.

Contact me however you want to if you're interested, but I'd prefer this topic, for ease of communication between everyone.

me! I have way more then 4 hours per week. I have been involved with other projects before.(all of which have gotten slapped except for the one I am working on.)

I bet that your thinking "why does it always have to be "of doom" who answers my calls for aid." :laugh:

Do you have any examples of your coding that you could send me, and a list of what you're able to work with resource-wise?

not really but i might be able to have one tomorrow. i kind of tired right now

I am more of a mission bits guy. I am busy until sunday because i am organizing a party so....

Ahem. Space Opera hasnot been 'slapped'. Work would be continuing, but my work computer needs a format, as it doesn't boot OSX properly. Fine. One problem, it rejects CDs and DVDs. So I'm giving it to someone else to fix soon.

Other then that work is going well. I'll send you the universe soon.

Crusader Alpha, I'm sorry for cluttering your thread.

If you need graphics, I'd be glad to help with animated laser weapons (like the FPC.) Good examples might be plasma balls, or energy pulses with sparks. I can do non-animated, as well, but it looks more 2-d, although it's still pretty good. I also work quickly. But I can't do missiles or other physical constructions, unless they are in an animation and basically sit still with some color changes. Let me know, and I'll help out, donations requested. 😉

sorry templar false assumption.

@0101181920, on Jul 31 2008, 08:59 PM, said in A Call For Work:

If you need graphics, I'd be glad to help with animated laser weapons (like the FPC.) Good examples might be plasma balls, or energy pulses with sparks. I can do non-animated, as well, but it looks more 2-d, although it's still pretty good. I also work quickly. But I can't do missiles or other physical constructions, unless they are in an animation and basically sit still with some color changes. Let me know, and I'll help out, donations requested. 😉

Actually, I could use a number of those. If you can manage it without just doing color shifts on the actual FPC graphic, that's best, though 😉 . But, basically, if you can do all sorts of energy weapon sprites, I can use them. Any that I don't use we can just donate back to the EVC.

Sure. Email me a list and I can get a couple of them back to you by the end of the day, if I don't get too caught up in the new book I'm picking up from the library. If I do, I'll be done by tomorrow so I'll do them then.