I need some help please

Good thing if you're making a ship that's invulnerable to all but one type of weapon.

What doesn't necessarily make sense is that that one weapon can't hit anything else. For example, the Death Star laser can destroy planets or capital ships, but conventional weapons cannot destroy planets but can still destroy capital ships. I don't think nova has any reliable way of making a similar weapon fire in perfect synchronization so that it looks like it.

So for instance Nonconventionally Creative, lets take your deathstar laser example, I couldn't make two weapons (one planet killer and one killer of other ships) and use the some of the same attributes (beam length, reload, graphics) and set them into the same equip?

Wouldn't that essentially make two green beams that look like one and can damage any target?

Secondly, this is not really a coding question, but does anyone know of any plugins that contains a "pirate lightning" bearing the EV Nova theme of repainted pirate ships in dark grey or black? If anyone knows a plug that contains such recolored sprites it would be very cool.

EDIT: I can't believe I actually said "dark black" the first time. XD

This post has been edited by Match : 11 June 2008 - 09:46 PM

not that i know of. but there is a pirate dragon.

well see I want to make lightning bays for the kestrel like it had in the original EV but I dislike the color of the lightings in game already... A menacing shade of pastel yellow. 😛 I would like to find a pirate lighting sprite somewhere and integrate it. Since I made one myself but I continue to be plagued with the edge pixelation mask error. -_-

You could try just putting a grey paint outfit on it, but I don't know what it would turn out like.

Not that great, did that too. Its a little blue for my tastes.

Wait... Isn't there a Pirate Lightning ingame already?

If there is I'm missing something horribly.

Oh, wait, nevermind... I'm thinking of the Thunderhead. I'll try out some paints, they don't all look horrible.

EDIT:
Never mind, they do.

This post has been edited by 101181920 : 12 June 2008 - 02:43 AM

It doesn't matter now, just broke down and made my own sprite: importing it with my lower specs laptop and I don't seem to get the error. 🙂

Uhh... Oh! Also, I was told by a member of this forum that someone might know of an equivalency program to the Mac-based "NovaTargetGenerator". I need to make some ship target images and photoshop is kicking my ass trying to pull it off. Does anyone have any such program that could generate a nova-style target pic?

@match, on Jun 12 2008, 03:53 PM, said in I need some help please:

I was told by a member of this forum that someone might know of an equivalency program to the Mac-based "NovaTargetGenerator". I need to make some ship target images and photoshop is kicking my ass trying to pull it off. Does anyone have any such program that could generate a nova-style target pic?

In fact, back when I create Nova Target Generator, I created a Windows version, even though at the time there was no good reason to do so (since at the time the Windows port of the game hadn't even been announced). You'll find it at this page on my web site, though you'll probably be the first person to actually use it. 🙂

Just to be clear, Pirate versions of ships, just as Rebel and Federation versions, all use a unique model. There are more differences than just color.

I know, but modelling really isn't my area of expertise. I'll come up with outfits and weapons for a million years, but I do not possess any skills that would do EV Nova any justice. 😉

Oh! SWEET. I'm really looking foward to using this program David, you have no idea how many hours I spent trying to figure out how the....to get just the right target image effect. Whew. What a relief!

This post has been edited by Match : 12 June 2008 - 05:44 PM

@match, on Jun 12 2008, 06:42 PM, said in I need some help please:

I'm really looking foward to using this program David, you have no idea how many hours I spent trying to figure out how the....to get just the right target image effect.

Yes I do — how do you think I wrote the programme back in 2002? 🙂

@david-arthur, on Jun 12 2008, 03:58 PM, said in I need some help please:

Yes I do — how do you think I wrote the programme back in 2002? 🙂

:blink: I thought that you just used your ancient (member here for 8 years, wow even god himself didn't register that early) code powers in conjuction with mac's monogomous OS to manifest it in a folder somewhere!

(Touche my friend, touche)

New question: how might I go about making new graphics for weapons? I'm assuming that I import a spritesheet as an rled as I do with ships, but instead create a spin rather than a shan and use the spin's last digit starting from the zero of the light blaster onward as the weapon's graphic number? Or something? But how might I create new explosions? The boom resource? How does that work?

Weapons spins start from 3000. That caught me before. ^_^

A soap-slippery fact I latched onto last night at 3am! But the real question is more about the boom resource. How does one use it?

@match, on Jun 14 2008, 01:33 AM, said in I need some help please:

:blink: I thought that you just used your ancient (member here for 8 years, wow even god himself didn't register that early) code powers in conjuction with mac's monogomous OS to manifest it in a folder somewhere!

It took me ages to get precisely the right effect - I have no idea how ATMOS did it in the first place. I made the Windows version of the Target Generator entirely because it didn't involve any extra work, so it would be nice to get confirmation that it actually functions in a useful manner. 🙂

Can the target generator create target picts in any color specified, or only in the red used by Nova's default scenario?

This post has been edited by CaptJosh : 14 June 2008 - 12:49 PM