I need some help please

The second one: use a cron.
The first one: It is controlled by the syst resource, and I'm sure using some clever mission bittery will make the reinforcement summoner work.

1. I think that you'd want to have the item trigger a mission, and I'm sure that you could figure something out with that. If worst comes to worst, you could make two invisible ships fighting that would summon reinforcements.
2. Sorry, I'm sure there isn't. It's impossible to make the firing of a weapon a triggerable incident. Really too bad.

My original question goes yet unanswered: where are the ship variants stored in the nova files; for the life of me I can't find them. I have a feeling they are causing some of the trouble I'm having with my sprites.

@match, on Jun 8 2008, 02:11 PM, said in I need some help please:

My original question goes yet unanswered: where are the ship variants stored in the nova files; for the life of me I can't find them. I have a feeling they are causing some of the trouble I'm having with my sprites.

The 'variant' ships are really additional ships, usually towards the end of the list, which just happen to have similar specifications to, and call the same graphics as, the standard types.

Every ship (including variants) has its own shan, so if you modify one shan you need to modify them all. All shans are in the ship files.

That was DEFINITELY the problem. Excellent. For some reason I thought variants where controlled by the pers resource. Thank you so much.

The përs resource controls the unique ships you see flying about. CATS, ShadeofBlue, heck, Captain Hector, those are all përs. Variants are basically whole new ships, utilizing new shďp resources, and you need a copy of the shän for each one, although it's generally the same. Copy, paste, change ID works pretty well for making variants.

Alright new question; can I set a delay before an unguided missile weapon takes flight? I am building a very large, powerful unguided missile, and it's launch sound has a pre delay-alarm BEFORE you hear it ignite. Can I set the delay before launch? Or is there no such applicable field that might allow this?

This post has been edited by Match : 09 June 2008 - 10:49 AM

You could set it to submunition from a stationary version of itself (speed 0), it doesn't sound like that's exactly what you're looking for, but it might be good enough.

capt hector isn't a Pers.

This post has been edited by of doom : 09 June 2008 - 01:49 PM

Actually, he is. He's just hard-coded into the game and not accessible using resource editors. :hector_bird:

Okay this question isn't really about coding necessarily, but about something I noticed ingame.

Occasionally, when a vellos reinforcement fleet jumps in and I fight them, a burst of flame erupts on screen between me and usually an Arrow. What IS that?????

@match, on Jun 9 2008, 11:01 PM, said in I need some help please:

Okay this question isn't really about coding necessarily, but about something I noticed ingame.

Occasionally, when a vellos reinforcement fleet jumps in and I fight them, a burst of flame erupts on screen between me and usually an Arrow. What IS that?????

Presumably, that's the Summer Bloom weapon. It's a highly powerful beam turret that is a purpleish-crimson color, which I suppose could look like a flame.

If it's not that, then your computer thought that Arrows weren't cool enough already and needed flame and explosions.

No I know my EV Nova, its not that... It actually appears to be combustion of darts when they get blasted by other psy weapons. Oo I have a few pics inserted below as proof that I'm not crazy. Also, this is not a plug (well...there's the shield bubble plug but that's not it).

I apologize a few pixels ahead for the large images to follow:

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

As you can see the line of fire I speak of is actually not far from what Archon said. Surprisingly. Oo

I looks like the Colosseum flamethrower a bit. I think the universe bar has gone a bit to then.

Javelin
-Colosseum Outfits detected-

I would suggest that your mucking around has had unintended consequences. Sorry, I can't help you more then that.

Looks like it might be the 'ground explosion' sprite, which isn't actually used in-game. A plug-in must be referring to it for some reason.

well it looks awesome!

~~I assure you, no plugin at all.... The shield yes. Also, I may not know the heart code of EV Nova, but I'm certainly no n00b to its game aspect. I also have never seen that until now, but then I'd never flown a vellos ship (never bothered, I like industrial firepower, not glowing ghost butterflies I move and shoot from with my MIND). The core ev nova files go entirely unchanged no matter what plugs you've had in your folder once removed.... I understand what you are saying but I don't "muck arround." I've used three plugs only, ever:

-Shield bubble plug

-All equip and outfits plug (removed as of 2 weeks ago)

-Chris' Kestrel Mod plug (also since removed)~~

Alright, I've noticed in the spob and resources that some stellars can be flagged as destroyable by planetary type weapons. Is this piece of code a curiousity, or can actual planet type spob destroyers be formed? I wouldn't like to do it if just ANY weapon could destroy it, but if I could make 2 or 3 that damage planets specifically, it'd be very cool. Has someone done this, perhaps?

This post has been edited by Match : 11 June 2008 - 01:34 PM

-accidentally replied instead of edited, sorry, see above for new question-

This post has been edited by Match : 11 June 2008 - 01:34 PM

@match, on Jun 10 2008, 12:34 PM, said in I need some help please:

Is this piece of code a curiousity, or can actual planet type spob destroyers be formed? I wouldn't like to do it if just ANY weapon could destroy it, but if I could make 2 or 3 that damage planets specifically, it'd be very cool.

Yes, it does work, even though the Nova scenario doesn't use it. You need to specifically design the planet to be destroyable for it to work in a sensible way, and only weapons tagged as anti-planet in the wëap editor. Anti-planet weapons are the only weapons that work against — and only work against — planets, and ships that have been tagged as planet-type.