Escape Pod Graphic Questions

I decided to make my own escape pod for EV Nova and I have a question, is the Escape Pod graphic 2-D like a missile, or 3-D like a ship?

Check the data in Shän ID 839. That's the same as the Shďp ID of the escape pod.

The missile and ship graphics are both rendered 3D graphics. 🙂

But it can be hard to tell. If you want to make just a little small thing like that in 2-d, feel free.

Okay, thanks.

Can I make 2-D ships in EVN? Like Rapiers and EV fighters and stuff?

@it-000, on Jul 13 2008, 03:44 PM, said in Escape Pod Graphic Questions:

Okay, thanks.

Can I make 2-D ships in EVN? Like Rapiers and EV fighters and stuff?

Of course. The 3-D images aren't technically 3-D, instead they're all individual frames of a 3-D model animation. If one wanted, you could make a ship that rotated through all of the letters of the alphabet as you held down the turn key, just using different letters as different frames.

Edit: The caveat, though, is that truly 2-D graphics will probably look out of place compared to the other graphics that Nova uses that simulate three dimensions. For a total conversion, it's not that big of an issue, since everything will come out consistent.

This post has been edited by GutlessWonder : 13 July 2008 - 04:10 PM

Maybe you're confused by the RLËDs, which are no different from PICTs which are encoded differently. (Or so I have heard)
Nothing Nova can read is 3D, so, yes, you can use EVC ships in EVN.

@timmytiptoe, on Jul 14 2008, 05:48 AM, said in Escape Pod Graphic Questions:

Maybe you're confused by the RLËDs, which are no different from PICTs which are encoded differently. (Or so I have heard)

rlëD is just a compressed 2D graphic format which stores the same information that the previous Escape Velocity games stored in a pair of PICT resources. As Timmytiptoe says, nothing in any of the Escape Velocity games is 3D; while most of the graphics (even in the original game) were generated from a 3D programme for better realism, they're stored in a 2D format, and you could just as easily replace them with hand-drawn stick figures.