new ships

i want to encorporate a new line of ships into the game EvNova

ships would be based on ssc corvette from plugpack v18, but i know nothing about nova interface, graphics, code, or pretty much anything.

First of all:
All the Important Links You'll Ever Need
List of great tutorials for all sorts of stuff. There's graphics, modding, and all sorts of stuff. Look around.

Next, you need a program. I suggest MissionComputer. Get it here. Download This is a Mac program, won't work on a PC.
Next, get the EVN Bible. Download
Now, download some plugs, look around. Figure out how stuff works. Make small changes. See what happens. Now go and make a plug. Not your main one, just think of something, and try to do it. Ask for help. Once you get a good handle on how to do everything, then go and make your Corvette. Welcome to the boards, mate!

This post has been edited by 101181920 : 18 June 2008 - 06:59 PM

You are much firmer than I am. You also speak his language, which seems to help.

? What do you mean? He speaks English. You do, too.

ty to all, but links don't work

@0101181920, on Jun 18 2008, 06:16 PM, said in new ships:

First of all:
http://www.ambrosiasw.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=60350
List of great tutorials for all sorts of stuff. There's graphics, modding, and all sorts of stuff. Look around.

Next, you need a program. I suggest MissionComputer. Get it here. http://davidarthur.evula.net/beta/crusoe/M...uter400a7r2.dmg This is a Mac program, won't work on a PC.
Next, get the EVN Bible. Download
Now, download some plugs, look around. Figure out how stuff works. Make small changes. See what happens. Now go and make a plug. Not your main one, just think of something, and try to do it. Ask for help. Once you get a good handle on how to do everything, then go and make your Corvette. Welcome to the boards, mate!

corvette already made. 😛

Oh, wait, the first one was backwards. Huh. Fixed.

@0101181920, on Jun 18 2008, 07:26 PM, said in new ships:

? What do you mean? He speaks English. You do, too.

He's referring to his AOL dialect of english, unlike the PGG (pretty good grammar) practiced by most board members here.

oryhara, please take an extra few seconds to fix up the english in your posts. It makes it a ####load easier for the rest of us to understand, and by extension, help you.

Okay, no idea what was going on. Thanks, Nonconventionally Creative.

@oryhara, on Jun 18 2008, 04:03 PM, said in new ships:

ships would be based on ssc corvette from plugpack v18, but i know nothing about nova interface, graphics, code, or pretty much anything.

He doesn't need board help anymore, right?

@king_of_manticores, on Jun 18 2008, 09:29 PM, said in new ships:

He doesn't need board help anymore, right?

Thank you for all your grammar input. I am about to check the new-new links. Manticore; I went to bed.

This post has been edited by oryhara : 19 June 2008 - 02:13 PM

Huh? :huh:

As to giving you help, I just realized how hard it would be to do a step by step guideline about the creation of a ship...

@king_of_manticores, on Jun 19 2008, 03:23 PM, said in new ships:

Huh? :huh:

As to giving you help, I just realized how hard it would be to do a step by step guideline about the creation of a ship...

I've seen one. It was hard to follow, as I know nothing about how to implement any of the resources. You could just make one and print the screen at every step. (I know how hard that would be.) Thank you. 😞 :unsure: :blink:

This post has been edited by oryhara : 19 June 2008 - 02:29 PM

@oryhara, on Jun 19 2008, 03:27 PM, said in new ships:

I've seen one. It was hard to follow, as I know nothing about how to implement any of the resources. You could just make one and print the screen at every step. (I know how hard that would be.) Thank you. 😞 :unsure: :blink:

NEW DEVELOPMENT! (no pun intended) I replaced the shuttle with new specs. but same picture. I can not buy anything! HELP ME FIGURE OUT MY PROBLEM. Also, my acceleration is limited to the original ship's. Made in evnew.

Set the contribute bit that is set on all ships except the Vell-os ones.

@nonconventionally-creative, on Jun 20 2008, 03:29 PM, said in new ships:

Thank you. I will try. I tried.... I don't know what i should set it to, though.

This post has been edited by oryhara : 20 June 2008 - 02:51 PM

@nonconventionally-creative, on Jun 20 2008, 03:29 PM, said in new ships:

what bit number sets it as a physical ship?

This post has been edited by oryhara : 20 June 2008 - 02:54 PM

You have to set the last one.

@timmytiptoe, on Jun 20 2008, 04:06 PM, said in new ships:

what? Check The last box?

View Postoryhara, on Jun 20 2008, 04:08 PM, said:

what? Check The last box?

what number do i put in?

This post has been edited by oryhara : 20 June 2008 - 03:10 PM

@timmytiptoe, on Jun 20 2008, 04:06 PM, said in new ships:

I fixed it!!! now all I have to do is make the graphics and incorporate them into nova! Woo hoo! Only 99% left!

This post has been edited by oryhara : 20 June 2008 - 03:20 PM