A Call for Beta Testers

Anathema Ch. 2 v1.2

The second patch for Anahtema Ch. 2 is almost ready for beta testing, and I'm looking for a few brave souls to give me a hand with it. The scope of the changes is rather limited; mostly bug fixes, balance changes, and the like, but I also redesigned the way the the plug tracks what ship the player owns, which I want to make sure works properly.

If anyone's interested, you can reply here, send me a PM, or send me an email at bmartin2009@gmail.com. The process should be pretty speedy (a week or two I'm guessing), and plugin writing experience is not required (but is still helpful).

me! me! me! me! me! me! me! sorry. could I please beta test. Pleeeeeeease.

i would like to beta test anathama but i have never heard of Anahtema. :laugh:

This post has been edited by of doom : 01 May 2008 - 09:35 PM

@of-doom, on May 2 2008, 02:32 AM, said in A Call for Beta Testers:

me! me! me! me! me! me! me! sorry. could I please beta test. Pleeeeeeease.
i would like to beta test anathama but i have never heard of Anahtema. :laugh:

Heh, I've been typing for a long time today. What can I say? 🙂

I'll let you know when I'm ready to ship.

Side-note: the official Walkthrough for chapters 1-2 will (finally) ship along with the patch. As of now, it's 14 pages long; however, this only covers the allocation missions and outfits. So add ships and storyline missions in and it'll be pretty sizable.

i have lots of space left on computer.
and anathama is awsome.

I'll do it if you want. Just send a pilot over with lots of cash too so I don't need to make a nub pilot every time I test something... 😉

Sounds good; I'll let you both know when it's ready. Should be within this next week or so.

tis cool with me.

Forgot to ask... Can I have a link to the first chapter so I can download it? Thanks!

chapter 2 includes chapter 1. so if you have played all of chapter 2 you have also played chapter 1.

This post has been edited by of doom : 08 May 2008 - 09:12 PM

For those interested in tracking progress, v1.2a just got uploaded and sent out to the testers. I also finished 3 of 4 segments of the walkthrough (funding mission breakdown, outfits/weapons, and ships), and will have the whole thing done when the complete version is ready to ship.

i just downloaded the beta test data and when i try to unpack it it says "an error occured during the stuff operation error # 17526"

@of-doom, on May 12 2008, 11:53 PM, said in A Call for Beta Testers:

i just downloaded the beta test data and when i try to unpack it it says "an error occured during the stuff operation error # 17526"

What are you using to expand the data? And are you on a Mac or PC? It was compressed with the Plugin Archiver, which should be pretty universal.

am on a mac g4 titanium and it let me unpack some of the files just not all of them. i am not using stuffit v 10 so i think i shoud be alright.

I don't know. I've downloaded it now and all of the files unzipped for me. I haven't had time to try it yet though as I currently have 4 projects, 2 essays, 2 state assessment tests, a quiz and homework to look forward to until the end of next week. Oh yah, FINALS FOR ALL CLASSES... I hate school. LOL

PS: Projects and creativity are the absence of something important to teach us.

i downloaded it again today and it unpacked fine. i guess i was just having a bad computer day.(there about 50 things that went wrong with my computer and were fine the next day)

Could I? I know it's kinda late but I never come around here.

So far I haven't seen any bugs. I've only seen some minor spelling mistakes and some misuse of words but I can't remember specifics at the moment. I have had even less time to play as I thought I would though as I have been assigned even MORE projects for school and I have a blasted research paper to do which is very long and boring.

Hopefully, I'll be able to look into it more in depth sooner then later but I haven't gotten very far as the whole wait for something to happen is taking too long for me... I know it takes a LONG time to develop new tech and stuff but could you make things not take quite as long considering people aren't usually planning on doing much except the storyline when playing a storyline?