EVNEW questions

@belthazar, on Mar 27 2008, 05:52 PM, said in EVNEW questions:

The Readme, Jaca? The Readme? Try reading the Nova Bible - you'll find it in the Documentation folder within your Nova folder. That is a guide to making plugins in EVNEW. Or MC. Or ResEdit. Et cetera.

I haven't used that thing in so long that I forgot about it.

hits forehead

about combat ratings
it says its based on the ships strength

ive put 15 instead of 380 on my ship strength
but everytime i kill the my combat rating still rapidly goes up
i want it to slow down my combat rating as i easily go up the rank

killing 12-20 ships ive became good ability already

what does Skill variation exactly do?

but i dont see a turn, speed and acceleration improvement or deduction on my ship

Skill variation affects the acceleration and turn rates of the AI ships only. That is, some AI pilots are better than others. Your own ship simply has the ship's given maneuverability values (plus an extra 10% on top speed if you have Strict Play off).

Has anyone successfully compiled the EVNEW source on their own. I can't seem to figure out the step to link it to the two libraries mentioned in the comments to the source to EVNEW.cpp and I tried with both Borland C++ builder and with MSVC Express. Whatever version of MSVC the comments were written for is not the same as the version I got, and I can't figure how to link a project against something.

The source can be found here.

This post has been edited by CaptJosh : 01 April 2008 - 10:29 AM

EVNEW requires the QuickTime SDK in order to be edited and compiled successfully.

This post has been edited by Ant'Iglias II : 01 April 2008 - 10:51 AM

No s**t sherlock. That's not the problem. The problem is finding the steps I need to take in a compiler that isn't the same as the one the comments in the source code were written for.