Creating Invisible Outfits

Okay, there's probably something obvious I'm missing, but neither a search nor a manual perusal of the FAQs turned up quite what I was looking for.

Basically, I want to create an invisible outfit, by which--just to clarify--I mean an outfit that remains with the player but does not appear in the list of items and outfits presented in the Ship Info box.

I've seen tons of references to invisble outfits but no instructions for making one. The closest I found was a suggestion that prefacing the resource name with a semicolon does this, but I'm not sure it was talking about the same thing.

Is this possible, or is there a semi-elegant way to simulate it? Thanks much.

Leave the lower-case and lower-case plural fields blank.

Setting the tech level very high will also hide the outfit when in the outfitter screen.

Ah, I did come across that. I think I remember reading that it will just cause a blank entry before a comma, or is that not the case? Eh, it's easy enough to try. Thanks!

Actually, the semi-colon trick was right. That and the high tech level. Have a look at the invisible Vell-os T-rating outfits (oütf resources 205-207, 209 and 336-337) to see how the default Nova scenario did it.