Spaceport question

Hi, I just found out about Spaceport and I'm trying to convert an old favorite, EVGE, to Nova. I encountered a few difficulties that are actually already documented in the forum (http://www.ambrosias...hp/t113856.html) but I could use a little clarification.

My problem occurs because some of the spins for weapons reuse EV:C masks. The old topic states that the solution is to create rleD/rle8 resources and copy the weapon masks over them.

I'm on mission computer with "make RLE" in the utilities menu, but it would be great if someone could tell me exactly what I need to do, first. My instinct is to open up EV classic and somehow copy the reused masks into the plugin file, but I'm not sure where the RLE step comes in.

Thanks!

I believe the problem is that the original plugin had two weapon graphics that pointed to the same mask, whereas Nova wants a unique mask for each graphic. As I understand it, you need to find which weapons are missing masks, and copy the mask over from the weapon it was previously sharing with.

That said, this post would have worked better in the topic you'd already started, or alternately, it would be better off in the Developers' Corner, which is the board for the technical side of the game.

@belthazar, on Mar 19 2008, 02:36 PM, said in Spaceport question:

That said, this post ... would be better off in the Developers' Corner, which is the board for the technical side of the game.

Indeed -- iMove.