Railguns 150mm and 200mm ID

@crusader-alpha, on Mar 11 2008, 12:29 AM, said in Railguns 150mm and 200mm ID:

Actually Josh, you did. If I'm not mistaken, you said you used MC, and the text that pops up when you hover your cursor over a field is mostly quoted from the Nova Bible.

He's got you there. 🙂 Not only does MissionComputer quote extensively from the Nova Bible and its predecessors, but the programme also could be said to be in many respects a translation of the Nova Bible's instructions into application code. When you use MissionComputer, you're effectively piggybacking on the reading of the Nova Bible that I do while developing it.

Now Josh, just from Mission Computer, write out your own version of the Nova Bible. Then when you're done post it here so we can all compare it to the original. Think of it as translating through two languages!

I've attached a text file showing the contribute and require bits in their unparsed, straight from ConText form. I'm pretty sure this is comprehensive, though there is a chance I accidentally deleted some resources using bits because I'm just really tired. There's also a chance I completely neglected to check entire resource types because I just didn't think they used bits at all, and I didn't feel like making sure. Take it as it is.

Attached File Cont_Req_Bits.txt (40.97K)
Number of downloads: 6

Impressive. Only problem is the formatting comes out a bit funny, so things aren't in their proper columns. At least, that's the case on my computer, using WinXP and Firefox to view it. Also (and you're gonna love this part) Contribute and/or Require bits also appear in crön and ränk resources. Used text search in the Nova Bible to find that. Yay for the Nova Bible. 😄

Uploaded.

It's tab-delineated, so a spreadsheet editing application should open it fine.

I included crön and ränk, they just don't use any in the stock scenario. For the record, here's the resource types I included:

chär Found : 1
crön Found : 125
jünk Found : 23
mďsn Found : 791
oütf Found : 242
öops Found : 19
përs Found : 516
ränk Found : 31
shďp Found : 288
spöb Found : 411
s˙st Found : 545

I realized going through that not all those actually use cont/req bits, I was just running on guesswork and memory. In particular, jünk, oöps, përs, spöb and s˙st don't have either. So that leaves chär, crön, mďsn, oütf, ränk and shďp with the bits that I know of.