Orbiter flight simulator

Someone's making an EVN mod for it... in 3D

I stumbled upon this when looking for image reference for a Nova LEGO™ project I spawned. The forum is French, so I've taken the liberty of posting a Google translation: linky.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Apologies if this is old news, but I searched and couldn't find any reference to the subject.

Discuss.

Not bad. Here's the webpage for the add-on.

(I won't even try reading that Google translation, but in the original discussion in French, some of them seemed clueless about intellectual property 😉 )

what all do you need to play it? is there an original program it is building of of?

The impression I get is that it's a plugin for a program called "Orbiter"

One thing that amuses me is that the Google translation of the forum renders "Leviathan" as "monster". 😄

The orbiter "flight" simulator is the most technical simulator I've ever played. Every little detail of space flight, and atmospheric flight is captured. The game universe is infinitely expandable via add-ons, but stock, you get or solar systems planets, and their own individual moons. I've played it for years, and I still can't get the perfect de-orbit burn from LEO. Something else to be mentioned, it's totally freeware from some University professor in the UK. I believe it's Windows based, but I haven’t checked in a while. 🙂

Orbiter Linker