Web Board plug coming not quite as soon as I thought

Yeah, they both use macbinary encoding but one of them isn't compatible with Leopard for some reason.

@guy, on Feb 15 2008, 12:10 PM, said in Web Board plug coming not quite as soon as I thought:

Okay, I have no idea why but it's caused by setting the cost to -1 :huh:

Heh. I'd managed to figure out that it was a prolem with the shďp resource rather than the shän resource, because when I copied the normal Starbridge shän to ID 300, the problem still occured. I hadn't quite gotten around to working out which part of the shďp resource was causing the problem, so you beat me to it. 😛

On a side note, you've also set the max number of guns and turrets to -1, so Nova makes a bit of a fuss in the debuglog when you start it up.

Ok, now I need the usernames of a few ultra-infamous permanently banned spammers or something. I need someone for Magnus to fight.

krizlammy.

No.

Heh, I can't even recall what it was he did to get banned aside from lots of spamming, yet he's still being brought up. 🙂

On a side note, Tom, if you're ever expecting the player to fly this ship, you'll need to set the least significant contribute bit, or the player won't be able to buy any outfits. Check other (non-Vell-os) ships in the game to see which bit I mean.

Did he actually get banned or did he just go away? Either way, still a good candidate.

Maybe he should ask Magnus who his arch enemy is?

Use G-Spark, Isword, and Yetsumari. Um, you could also use Sponge Tom and make you say something really cool when a player hails you.

@belthazar, on Feb 15 2008, 01:57 AM, said in Web Board plug coming not quite as soon as I thought:

On a side note, Tom, if you're ever expecting the player to fly this ship, you'll need to set the least significant contribute bit, or the player won't be able to buy any outfits.

Don't want people capturing my ship without regretting it.

@sponge-tom, on Feb 16 2008, 01:41 PM, said in Web Board plug coming not quite as soon as I thought:

Don't want people capturing my ship without regretting it.

But they should at least understand why they should regret it. Being unable to use the ship's freemass for anything isn't immediately apparent as a reason to regret capturing your pers's ship.

For some, it may be inscrutable enough that they'll never make the connection between on and the other.

That's the other thing - no free mass. 😄

I'm starting to work on more pers resources, but the second person isn't showing up (not invisible like last time, but simply not showing up in the system). I made sure it was basically the same as the one that was fixed. Did I miss something?

This post has been edited by Sponge Tom : 16 February 2008 - 06:48 PM

Once upon a time there was a feature, whereby adding a person in a plugin wouldn't show up unless the player started a new pilot. I don't know if that behavior is still around, but it's something to test, at least.

Thanks, it worked.