What is the Quicktime Version necessary for EVNEW to properly run?

Having problems, need advice from a knowledgeable member instead of arbitrarily guessing the latest version of windows quicktime that works with EVNEW.

Responses would be appreciated.

Oh yes, and another question: What is the difference between cicn resources 18000 and 18001?

whistles in anticipation

Hey, to make this sentence true, the number of times we see 1 is ______ , the number of times we see 2 is ________ , 3 is _________ , 4 is ________ , and 5 is __________ ?

There is no need to post over and over again.

Funny, I didn't know EVNEW needed QuickTime to work... try getting the latest one.

@king_of_manticores, on Feb 3 2008, 11:00 PM, said in What is the Quicktime Version necessary for EVNEW to properly run?:

Funny, I didn't know EVNEW needed QuickTime to work...

Nova needs Quicktime, so EVNEW needs Quicktime, because, as someone else on these forums said, the only way to open PICT files/resources on Windows is through Quicktime.

@king_of_manticores, on Feb 3 2008, 11:00 PM, said in What is the Quicktime Version necessary for EVNEW to properly run?:

try getting the latest one.

http://www.ambrosiasw.com/forums/index.php...10&hl=evnew

Latest one doesn't work. An older version is needed, apparently. What I need to know, though, is what one. It's not just any one of them, though, because I've tried several ones, none of those worked, and I really don't want to check every version.

EVNEW works just fine with QT version 7.1.3 on my old lappy. I can't get it to work on my new one though even after uninstalling the latest version and trying the older one. I think QT 7.4 might leave a registry key marked even after it is uninstalled. I'm still working on a solution.

I'm using 7.4, and EVNEW works fine. You may want to try the Special Installation Instructions for XP if you're using XP, but I don't know if that'd make a difference.

Regarding your extra question, one of them is the "on" symbol, while the other is the "off" symbol. The game makes the alert symbol flash by flipping back and forth between the two images. If you open the two on top of each other it's easy to see that they're different brightnesses. 🙂

This post has been edited by Belthazar : 04 February 2008 - 02:55 AM

@extremespeed, on Feb 4 2008, 05:38 PM, said in What is the Quicktime Version necessary for EVNEW to properly run?:

Hey, to make this sentence true, the number of times we see 1 is ______ , the number of times we see 2 is ________ , 3 is _________ , 4 is ________ , and 5 is __________ ?

3, 2, 3, 1, 1

I think the reason EVNEW won't work for me is because I am missing the Still Image Component for QT and I can't find it anywhere. Does anybody know where I might be able to find it?

Do you have QT Picture Viewer? I can't seem to find any 'still image component' in my installation but EVNEW works fine.

I do have QT Picture Viewer. I just tried opening a .pct file with only QT and it crashed. Apparently the issue lies with QT and not EVNEW. I wonder if it would be possible to install 7.1.3 and copy all the program files from my old lappy to the new one. My guess is QT would choke.