ship bay issues

HI
im tryin to make a bay for a ship (fed carrier) i kno its a cheeter plug...but my problem is i dont want the ui to have the ship or be available in the shipyard..only the outfitter (ammo)is there a way i can beef up the carrier and not have it available to the ui or the shipyard? any help would be appricated thx 🙂

Uh, it is hard to read your post, if you spell correctly, it will win you considerable favor with the other members...

However, what I understand is that you want to:
- Beef the Fed Carrier up
- Prevent the player from buying (as his own, piloted ship) such a carrier (or any Fed Carrier?)
- Prevent the beefed up carrier from flying around normally, i.e. as a non-player ship
- Make it available to be bought as carried ship

If so, all you had to do would be to
a) Actually modify the carrier. Since you presumably don't want to mess with the rest of the game, it would be easiest to just copy paste the original Fed Carrier ressource in Mission Computer / EVNew into your own plug and give it a yet unused ID. Then you can modify it as you see fit.
🆒 To prevent the player from buying it, set the Buy Probability and the Hire Probability both to 0%
c) Because you actually created a new ship when you copied the Fed Carrier ressource, no system has it preset to appear, so it flying around should not be a problem.
d) Now you have your ship. Next you should create the wëap and öutf ressources; the nova bible has further help on that topic

Hope that helps

@bmac, on Jan 25 2008, 02:42 PM, said in ship bay issues:

Uh, it is hard to read your post, if you spell correctly, it will win you considerable favor with the other members...

However, what I understand is that you want to:
- Beef the Fed Carrier up
- Prevent the player from buying (as his own, piloted ship) such a carrier (or any Fed Carrier?)
- Prevent the beefed up carrier from flying around normally, i.e. as a non-player ship
- Make it available to be bought as carried ship

If so, all you had to do would be to
a) Actually modify the carrier. Since you presumably don't want to mess with the rest of the game, it would be easiest to just copy paste the original Fed Carrier ressource in Mission Computer / EVNew into your own plug and give it a yet unused ID. Then you can modify it as you see fit.
🆒 To prevent the player from buying it, set the Buy Probability and the Hire Probability both to 0%
c) Because you actually created a new ship when you copied the Fed Carrier ressource, no system has it preset to appear, so it flying around should not be a problem.
d) Now you have your ship. Next you should create the wëap and öutf ressources; the nova bible has further help on that topic

Hope that helps

thanks for the help! Sorry about the bad post, trying to get it up before i had to leave. 😛

Not to be mean, but that's no real excuse for making a sloppy post. But it's good you know what's going on, and I know what you mean. Posting within a short time frame can be a huge pain in the butt.

I was wondering about this too. I'm trying to work on a Rebel Thead bay. Not getting real far though.

This post has been edited by G-Spark : 25 January 2008 - 06:12 PM

@g-spark, on Jan 25 2008, 11:12 PM, said in ship bay issues:

I was wondering about this too. I'm trying to work on a Rebel Thead bay. Not getting real far though.

Sorry, what were you wondering? I couldn't really tell what the original question(s?) was(were?).

I can't remember anymore.