Shipyard For apophis

some help please

ok, I was planning on changing the setup and graphics for the shipyard, along with all of the other screens.

Example:

Posted Image

However, Today I got to the point where I really started thinking about how I would go about doing this, and i realized I am not really sure how. after messing around for half an hour, I thought I would come here and ask.

so, how do the DITLE and DLOG resource editors work in Mission Computer?

Ohh, I like it. Very original layout.

Never having worked on a TC, I've never had to modify the interface, so I can't help you there. However, I can tell you that "ships" in selling price should be apostrophized. I mean, it just seems wrong for Apophis not to have apostrophes.

I haven't really messed with that before... but let me help you correct some grammar errors.

The picture description says "It's design has been around..." when it should be "Its design has been around..."

And the ship's selling price should say "Your ship's selling price" rather than "Your ships selling price.

Still, that shipyard picture looks very good. Keep that awesome graphics work up.

(EDIT) Archon got to the "ship's" problem two minutes ahead of me?! What the heck? Oh well.

This post has been edited by king_of_manticores : 27 January 2008 - 01:28 PM

@archon, on Jan 27 2008, 07:24 PM, said in Shipyard For apophis:

Ohh, I like it. Very original layout.

Never having worked on a TC, I've never had to modify the interface, so I can't help you there. However, I can tell you that "ships" in selling price should be apostrophized. I mean, it just seems wrong for Apophis not to have apostrophes.

"Frighter captains" scares the hell out of me 😉

Thanks for the grammar corrections everyone. I will Fix them immediately.

By the way Archon, The Apophis are the aliens you are Fighting against in my plug. This ship belongs to the Last Strain,(LS.) a small group of people who escaped from earth as It was about to be taken.

But they should have apostrophes too. 😛

Thanks for the grammar corrections, everyone. I will fix them immediately.

By the way Archon, the Apophis are the aliens you are fighting against in my plug. This ship belongs to the Last Strain(L.S.), a small group of people who escaped from Earth as it was about to be taken.

But they should have apostrophes too.

DITL's and DLOG's are pretty simple, they just take some experimentation. My method is to change the file itself first, take a screenshot, and make the pict file based off of the screenshot.

You won't be able to get quite what you're looking for, because the background for the words will always be black (as far as I know; now that I think about it I might be wrong, but I 'm not sure). However, you can get pretty close to that by moving stuff around and resizing some boxes. Then it's just a simple matter of making the pict resources and importing them.

ok, here is the revised edition, with the grammar corrections, plus a few other things. (Leonardo da Vinci's man is the embem of the LS.)

Posted Image

drat. for some reason when I upload it to photo bucket the grammar corrections vanish. oh well. It is corrected in the one on my computer.

This post has been edited by Yoda Almighty : 27 January 2008 - 06:23 PM