EV: GUILD WARS - Progress Log -

(Nothing to do with the game "Guild Wars")

Updated 1/15/08 - 2:25 pm

"Here's how it is":
About a month ago I returned back to the EV scene. I was going to continue working on a previously started "Firefly" plug-in, just a small plug to be played by me and my brother and was never going to be released (because I used other people's plugs to create it 😛 ), but when I tried to play the game it crashed and died and I didn't have the care to figure out the problem. So I then decided to create a new plug, and make it so that I can post it on the plug-ins page without getting into trouble. Thus came "EV: Guild Wars".

First things first:
- The plug has absolutely nothing

Recent Changes:

1/14/08
- Created this forum.
- Changed government names so they don't all end in "guild".
- Edited Government classes and colors.

This post has been edited by EV Wolf : 15 January 2008 - 03:57 PM

Very near future, I like it. I look forward to seeing the Mars terraformed in 2019 😉 Venus would be an especially hard planet to terraform since it's the hottest one in the solar system (Mercury is closer to the sun, but is colder than Venus because of the lack of atmosphere), I know I wouldn't want to live there :p.

I think people will join in the same pace as progress is shown. I think artists would like to hear more about the feeling of the universe before they join in.

Cheers.

Thanks for the support! I really don't know anything about the planets, guess I should do a little more research :laugh:. I'm planning on writing a short summary about the game in a few hours when I have time. For now I'll say that the galaxy will be BIG. I have over 250 drawn out so far, and that's just for the first 20 governments. I'm planning on having systems continue outward for seemingly forever, with many systems to explore, with harder and harder enemies as you go. I'd like to be able to post updates once the game is finished, to further expand the universe every week.

The Galaxy currently looks like this:
You'll begin inside the Confederated Systems, on Sol (of course), where most of the trading guilds are located. Then nearby to the east is what I currently call "Anti-Guild Space", where the Marauder's Syndicate (a guild of pirates) and Manip-U-Tech (A very advanced guild of scientists) are located, who left the Confederated Systems once the Guild Council was formed. To the South-West lies the Rebel Coaltion, who are against the Guild Council. To the west lies a government of 'aliens', but they will remain a secret for now. All I will say is that there are two major alien governments, one is 'good', one is 'bad'. There is also a strand of planets across the very south containing two warring governments. These two governments are far superior than any other government in the game, luckily they only fight themselves (not even the 'bad aliens' who lie next door dare attack).

This post has been edited by EV Wolf : 15 January 2008 - 05:27 PM

That's a bad idea. Start small. Trust me on this. I know from personal experience this is the last thing a TC developer wants to hear, but the bigger your plans are the more likely you are to fail. I didn't start small with my TC's, and I'm regreting it.

That said, I do hope you can pull it off regardless. Good luck!

@shlimazel, on Jan 15 2008, 10:49 AM, said in EV: GUILD WARS - Progress Log -:

That's a bad idea. Start small. Trust me on this. I know from personal experience this is the last thing a TC developer wants to hear, but the bigger your plans are the more likely you are to fail. I didn't start small with my TC's, and I'm regreting it.

That said, I do hope you can pull it off regardless. Good luck!

After my previous failed attempt, I did decide to start small. I started with the first few years in the history above, and was going to work from there. Sadly though, I haven't the time to work on the game that much, and my mind has been getting ahead of me. So far most is conceptual, my hope is that if I detail the story and governments enough, the rest will be easy.

Plus, I don't really look at this as a TC, I'm still using all the origional Nova graphics, which I view as more of an 'almost-total' conversion. :laugh:

Ok. Just some cautionary advice from a fellow developer.