Blender Help

I should have seen this coming.

ok. using blender, i have found a texture and material mode that gives me exactley what i want. it looks like this:

Attached File Light_shuttle_correct_texture.jpg (31.41K)
Number of downloads: 39

cloud texture set to cell noise, mapped to a global texture.

however, the problems start when i try to rotate it. (and, to put this ship into NOVA, I will HAVE to rotate it.) Basically, to make a long story sjort, the object rotates, but the texture doesn't. like this:

Attached File Light_shuttle_blea_texture.jpg (29.2K)
Number of downloads: 36

looks pretty screwed up now.

what i want to know is: how do you change it? is there another texture setting that will keep the texture aligned correctley? (i have tried all of the mapping modes, and none of them give me the result's i am looking for. <_< )
is there some way to lock the texture to the object, so it stays in place?

thanking you in advance,

YŘDA

Calling my expertise on Blender next-to-none would be to give me too much credit, but I do have one suggestion. In some 3-d programs, textures can be animated along with objects. There may be an option to keep the texture "locked" to the object, and if not, you may be able to animate the texture and the object separately, keeping them in sync with one another.

Or it is entirely possible that I have no idea what I'm talking about. :rolleyes:

P.S. That's some nice graphics work! There's a lot to be said for the simple-in-structure yet complex-in-detail design, which I unfortunately have skill at.

This post has been edited by Archon : 13 January 2008 - 05:29 PM

Worst comes to worst, you could move the camera rather than the model. For obvious reasons that's harder to automate, though.

You'd probably want to move the light source in that case as well.

ok, I figured it out. if i select the camera and set the Rotate/Scaling Pivot to 3D cursor. the camera will rotate around the 3Dcursor, instead of itself. as long as i have the 3D cursor in the center, it works fine.

oh well. looks like I have work to do. :blink:

Does that work for the light sources as well? (Remember, you should use Spotlights, not Ambient Lighting for your renders.)

VERY simple solution: UV-Mapping! Why not just UV-map the beast and you won't have to worry about anything. Export your cell-noise thing and import it to an image editor. I can't see an easier solution.