Some questions

Hi, I just have some questions that popped up when I started doing plugs. or trying to.

Q: What is the difference (in MissionComputer) of the ship numbers? I see in the shan (rdl) directory thing of evn ships numbers 247 through 255. (auror. carr.) Could someone please point out the differences?

Q: what does rdl stand for?

Q: How do I change the color on a ship. Just mine, but it has to be already colored when I get it. If I want to recolor it, how do I do that? (the Auroran Carrier)

Q: What do I need to do to have a ship all maxed out when I get it? How do I get multiple technologies onto it without having to buy them or complete storylines to get them? (sutherland dampener, cloaking organ v.2, titanium lattice, tunneling organ, multijump organ, fusion reactor, etc...)

Q: what are the stat differences between Matrix Steel, Spun Diamond, and Titanium Lattice?

Thanks for putting up with my many questions,

R_F

@resilient_freighter, on Jan 12 2008, 12:07 PM, said in Some questions:

what does rdl stand for?

RDL, or ‘riddle’, is Resource Description Language, a system MissionComputer uses to provide basic support for the resources it doesn’t have proper editors for.

The answer to your question about the different ship numbers in the shän resource is... Each shďp resource needs a corresponding shän, the different shäns in question are the shäns for the different variants of the auroran carrier.

If you want to color your ship try downloading the "Paintstation" plug-in from the addons page.

For adding various technologies to your ship so they are one there when you buy it you need to add them into the weapon and outfit fields in the shďp resource. However you can only have a limited number of different outfits and weapons. I believe 8 max of each if I'm not mistaken.

Since you have MissionComputer you should be able to find the stats for each of the armours out for yourself by checking in the oütf resource in the Nova Data 4 file. I believe Matrix Steel adds 150 armour, Spun Diamond adds 200, and Titanium Lattice adds 100 or 110.

@sp3cies, on Jan 13 2008, 07:01 PM, said in Some questions:

For adding various technologies to your ship so they are one there when you buy it you need to add them into the weapon and outfit fields in the shďp resource. However you can only have a limited number of different outfits and weapons. I believe 8 max of each if I'm not mistaken.

Just to expand on the point, you can have up to eight different outfits (with any quantity of each outfit) and up to eight different weapons (with any quantity of each weapon). If you only want one ship to have them (namely yours), you'll have to create a new ship resource and make it available for purchase. If you simply modify one of Nova's existing resources, every ship of that resource that appears in the game will have all of the weapons and outfits that you added.

This post has been edited by GutlessWonder : 13 January 2008 - 09:29 PM