Colosseum Graphics for Christmas?

Once again, it's time to ask for help. People are getting done with college classes/school for the semester, or will be soon, so this ought be a good time to ask. Colosseum needs a few graphics so I can get it out the door. Everything else is done and ready to go, it just needs some polish so it can shine! Here's what's left, it isn't a very big load of work.

What is absolutely needed for release

Nine weapon sprites, all energy based, like lasers. Specifically, one larger green one, one smaller green. Repeat that for red and orange. Need a blue shot too. The larger ones should be no larger than a Medium Blaster shot. For the final two, they are pulse weapons, like the EVC Seeker Drone or EVO SAD and SAE Modules.

Twenty-four outfits, twenty-seven if you count the optional ones. The heftiest part still, but compare to several months ago when I still needed over eighty! These include some armor, shield generators, engines, missile ammunition, software, and a few other things. Nothing too complicated here.

The main menu screen. We don't want the menu to say "Escape Velocity Nova" after you've seen CrusaderAlpha's nice Colosseum title screen, do we?

What isn't needed, but would certainly be nice to have

Some explosions. Three "FAE" explosions, an electrical-looking explosion, and a nuclear blast. It would also be nice to have alternates for the "ship breaking up", "ship exploding", and a variation of whatever "FAE Medium" I get. Of all of those, I would most need the electrical explosion.

Some asteroids, that break apart. Don't need the "scoopable" pieces, nor many types. 1-4 different types should suffice easily.

Dialogue boxes. Not redesigning them, just "reskinning". Just to look different from stock Nova.

X2 and "alert" graphics. Apparently you can change these, so I've learned recently. Though I'd have to be told how...

I can (and will in the case of weapon sprites and outfits) provide more information on the various parts.

Now, for the final part, all those who volunteered before but I haven't got what you volunteered for in, are you still working on those? I can understand if you stopped for whatever reason, things happen. But let me know, post or PM, if you're still working on them and how they're going.

This post has been edited by JoshTigerheart : 26 December 2007 - 02:29 PM

@joshtigerheart, on Dec 14 2007, 03:12 PM, said in Colosseum Graphics for Christmas?:

X2 and "alert" graphics. Apparently you can change these, so I've learned recently. Though I'd have to be told how...

These are cicn resources, though I understand EVNEW's cicn importer may be a bit dodgy.

Glad I'm using Mission Computer then. 😄

Heh, I think MC's cicn importer is non-existent ;). You'll need to use ResEdit or Rezilla.

This post has been edited by Guy : 14 December 2007 - 02:01 AM

Ah well, not much of an issue anyways. As long as I can get those first three, important things in, then all is good.

Still looking for outfits and the main menu screen. Any help finishing this would be heavily appreciated.

(/bump)

Come on guys, if we're going to have any hope of getting CTC out the door "soon," (wink) we're going to need help. It's as simple as that. If we don't get the graphics that we absolutely need, you might have to wait until February until you see any sign of CTC again. That would kill us. I don't think we can wait that long.

So, yeah, I'm reduced to begging. I thought it might come to this, but it's too late to act on a hunch and hindsight is always 20/20, as I've learned throughout my life. The latest version of CTC I got looked (and sounded) great, but it's still not as polished up as we would like it to be. We've come a long way since May, and I would hate to see CTC go to vapor right now.

Don't forget that the standards for the outfit graphics was lowered to EVC levels when the need to graphics became urgent a few months ago.

This post has been edited by JacaByte : 03 January 2008 - 11:14 PM

What JacaByte said.

I finally finished up the final ship this past week (took much longer than I wanted to - sorry!) and I'm working on weapon sprites, asteroids, and outfits. Not gonna start any other creative projects until my contributions to CTC are finished, so I should be able to knock the rest of this stuff out in a few weeks or less.

I don't think I can pull off a good menu screen or nice explosions, though, and I certainly wouldn't mind if anybody wanted to help in the outfit department.

We really are in the final stretch, people. It'd be great if somebodies could step up and help push us to the finish line!

This post has been edited by albuminouslump : 17 December 2007 - 12:13 PM

What they said. 🙂

No offense to anyone, but I'm calling out all of you who have, over the years, made these bold claims about jumping all over a TC so close to being finished to help it get out the door. This IS that TC. I'm challenging you to live up to your words, instead of running and hiding. And like Jaca said, EVC quality graphics will suffice easily. I'm not asking anyone to make 10,000 poly model outfits with next-gen quality texture here.

Plus, wouldn't you want to be able to say that you helped create the first Nova TC to be released in years?

This IS that TC. I'm challenging you to live up to your words, instead of running and hiding. And like Jaca said, EVC quality graphics will suffice easily.

I'll get back to you on saturday. I probably could spare some time on the weekend.

Plus, wouldn't you want to be able to say that you helped create the first Nova TC to be released in years?

I have helped! 😉

I can probably do some outfit graphics, but I'll need a list of stuff, and possibly what you want it to look like. Then I'll make some piccys.

Sending a PM.

Bump and noting that the outfit graphic count is down. 🙂

Engines are the largest portion that is still left.

Well, we missed the 2007 release, trying for a Q1 2008 release, preferably before the end of the month. Any help in ensuring that we meet our deadline would be great.

@joshtigerheart, on Jan 3 2008, 01:31 PM, said in Colosseum Graphics for Christmas?:

Well, we missed the 2007 release, trying for a Q1 2008 release, preferably before the end of the month. Any help in ensuring that we meet our deadline would be great.

😞 Real sorry that I couldn't deliver in time for '07. One computer is having trouble, and the other is brand new... Anyway, soon I'll have Photoshop on the new one and I can begin work on the rest of your interface.

This post has been edited by Cosmic_Nusiance : 03 January 2008 - 05:29 PM

I could try the X2 and Alert graphics and possibly the Menu Screen (once I see CrusaderAlpha's pic :)). Just let me know what you are after in the way of looks.

Anyway, soon I'll have Photoshop on the new one

I envy you.

I could try the X2 and Alert graphics and possibly the Menu Screen (once I see CrusaderAlpha's pic ). Just let me know what you are after in the way of looks.

Posted Image

If you need ideas for the interface look, take a glance at the side-interface screenies here. Something like the worn, metal style in those would work just fine.