Nebula: D.O.A.

I like the new title screen. Only suggestion would be to get rid of the "00010101" thing at the bottom left. To me, it still seems like a work in progress with that title screen, but overall, an improvement. Keep up the good work CN.

Ok. I was actually planning on doing that myself (everybody seems to be reading my mind :blink:).
I put it in at the last minute to kinda balance the image out, but it looks better without it. Thank heaven for layers!

Alright, do you have it set so that the old Vemap and Tichel's visibility is controlled by !b1111? The new versions' visibilities obviously, will be set by b1111. Also, the new systems do have new spobs for the new governments, right? If you just used the old spobs in the new systs, 😞 because the visibility on the map is determined by the planets in the system.

@coral, on Aug 25 2007, 06:31 PM, said in Nebula: D.O.A.:

Alright, do you have it set so that the old Vemap and Tichel's visibility is controlled by !b1111? The new versions' visibilities obviously, will be set by b1111. Also, the new systems do have new spobs for the new governments, right? If you just used the old spobs in the new systs, 😞 because the visibility on the map is determined by the planets in the system.

Spobs work. It's not a problem of making them appear, just making the governments appear.

What I'm trying to say is--do the new systs have different spobs than the old systs?

@coral, on Aug 26 2007, 08:59 AM, said in Nebula: D.O.A.:

What I'm trying to say is--do the new systs have different spobs than the old systs?

Yes. I can tell because the new ones have no descs and that's how it is in-game (that's not permanent, mind you. I just haven't written them yet).

You have to change the systems, not the spobs. Make systems with unique IDs that have the exact same location as Tichel and Vemap, and make the visibility of the old systems !b1111 and the visibility of the new ones to b1111.

Wait, that's what he said. Nevermind then.

WOOHOO! I did it! I don't know how, but I did it! YES!

Only suggestion would be to get rid of the "00010101" thing at the bottom left.

Actually, in my opinion that looks pretty cool. It almost looks like some kind of transmission or something. I'd keep it-unless, of course, you have something even COOLER in the works 😉

Ok. I think I'll try something cooler. evil grin

I found out what was wrong with the planets and systems etc. Apparently, when you move a plugin that's open in MC and then make a change and save it again, it will just save a copy in the last place it was before you moved it! I wasn't working on the right duplicate! Anyway, long story short, I found the right one and put it in the plugins folder and booted up nova. It now works fine. Yay!

Yeah, that happened to me while I was testing my tc. I was getting all upset because it kept crashing, then I realized I had the wrong plugin in the folder.

In the words of a certain famous american, D'OH!

@shlimazel, on Aug 27 2007, 12:29 PM, said in Nebula: D.O.A.:

words of a certain famous american, D'OH!

Hehe. I like that.

Ok. I went through and fixed as many spelling errors as possible. I also added several paragraphs to some shorter descriptions and changed the location of the patrol boat offering to the bar. The last change may sound frivolous, but it fixes several complex bugs that were popping up (for example, if you had not already gotten the offering for the tutorial you would have to take off and land to get it).

I now have a government-changing system! You go in with a TON of ships to fight off a TON more ships. If you survive long enough to land on the Auroran LP then the system changes hands to the Federation along with the station. Unfortunately, the attack left the Tichel system unguarded allowing the Aurorans to capture it and destroy HG-Tichel. Complex, but it works.

Made the first mission to set bit 511. No more being asked to ferry cargo for the Feds when I'm in the middle of the string!

@cosmic_nusiance, on Aug 28 2007, 10:07 AM, said in Nebula: D.O.A.:

Made the first mission to set bit 511. No more being asked to ferry cargo for the Feds when I'm in the middle of the string!

Not to come off as rude, but when you're making it a storyline, that's probably one of the first things you should do. 😉 Keeps you from getting anything else.

@warlord-mike, on Aug 28 2007, 01:34 PM, said in Nebula: D.O.A.:

Not to come off as rude, but when you're making it a storyline, that's probably one of the first things you should do. 😉 Keeps you from getting anything else.

Yeah. I thought I had done it before, but I guess I forgot to save. I just recently realized that I was getting storyline mission offerings, so I fixed it.

Yaaaay! Nebula is up on the Nova Wiki here. There is also a hint about the coming story...

Kont? For reals? :blink:

This is greatly intriguing...

As far as I know, only one plug was ever rumored to deal with it, but it never was released. There was a teaser, but it doesn't work on my computer.

I'm looking forward to the finished product. Can't wait to see what happens, Cosmic. 🆒

@warlord-mike, on Aug 29 2007, 04:20 PM, said in Nebula: D.O.A.:

Kont? For reals? :blink:

Yes, for reals. Prepare to be spooked out.

Ok. I'm almost done with the 20-something mission intro plug. I just need t make the EW missile available from New Sparta along with a few more missions dealing with the destruction of Tichel's Hypergate, and it's off to Beta! First, though, does anybody know how to make a government not attack you just because of your ship? Basically, you have a fake ID and are in Auroran space, but the Aurorans attack you because of the SF ship. Is there any way to fix this, or will I have to deal with it?