Attached File Picture_39.png (10.55K)
Number of downloads: 15

Attached File Picture_38.png (10.46K)
Number of downloads: 11

Attached File Picture_37.png (1.61K)
Number of downloads: 2

This post has been edited by Cosmic_Nusiance : 31 August 2007 - 06:42 PM

I like too.

Gentlemen (and women), I've done it. I have almost worked all the kinks out of an outfit that changes the color of your ship's engines! Woohoo! I feel great!

AAARG! Double-postness.

This post has been edited by Cosmic_Nusiance : 31 August 2007 - 07:12 PM

YESSSSSSS! All the kinks have been worked out! I even made a special bit so that when your ship switches (invisibly) to it's ion-engined twin, you are prevented from purchasing the original. For example, when you buy a new engine for your viper, it'll switch your ships. Now, since you don't have the ship that is displayed in the shipyard, you should be able to purchase it. But you can't! Yessssssssss!

This post has been edited by Cosmic_Nusiance : 31 August 2007 - 11:05 PM

Alright, it now officially meshes with the plug. However, the Patrol Boat version's graphic is a little grainy. It's from Earth's landing graphic. It's the patrol boat's engine (58 or so pixels) blown up to 200x200, so yeah. Very grainy. I basically just need a graphic, even if it's huge or done quickly in blender or something. I can make it work. Anyway, I took all of the ship's large images with an engine in them and made it nova-esque using the burn tool and selection masks. I'll see if I can get some images up tomorrow.

Nice, those look awesome! I have to commend you for putting that much work into all the necessary parts involved in changing the engine color.

I'd probably have told the player in the ReadMe "just pretend it's blue."

@archon, on Sep 1 2007, 12:24 AM, said in Nebula: D.O.A.:

I'd probably have told the player in the ReadMe "just pretend it's blue."

ROFLOL.
"Just pretend that those messed-up weapon sprites look really cool."
"Just pretend that the space station doesn't look hand-drawn."
"Just pretend that the description isn't just a placeholder and says something really interesting and thought provoking."
(BTW, this is in no way referring to your plug. I'm just making stuff up off the top of my head. :))

Just because no one else mentioned it (you might have done it well from the start though, I don't know), don't forget to make sure the player gets all his/her old outfits when changing engine colour. You wouldn't want a player to suddenly get a free weapon or lose his/her favourite outfit ๐Ÿ˜›

@pace, on Sep 1 2007, 02:36 PM, said in Nebula: D.O.A.:

Just because no one else mentioned it (you might have done it well from the start though, I don't know), don't forget to make sure the player gets all his/her old outfits when changing engine colour. You wouldn't want a player to suddenly get a free weapon or lose his/her favourite outfit ๐Ÿ˜›

Don't worry. Bit Cxxx is on your side!

Ok. I am hoping to get this off to beta by this time next week. Wish me luck!
Now for some serious brainstorming...

Here's a screenshot of the outfitter. Notice the brand-spankin new Federation Railguns towards the top.
Attached File Picture_44.png (46.29K)
Number of downloads: 45

This is looking cooler by the day! Keep up the good work.

Thank 'e kindly!

Since the plug has already been announced (and since this topic is getting a lot of traffic), I have changed the subtitle from "Plugin Announcement" to "Updates and Discussion".

@cosmic_nusiance, on Sep 1 2007, 12:30 PM, said in Nebula: D.O.A.:

Here's a screenshot of the outfitter. Notice the brand-spankin new Federation Railguns towards the top.
Attachment Picture_44.png

๐Ÿ˜ฎ

Must...have...this...plug...

The Ion Engines worry me, though. Do those make it such that if you don't have 'em, you don't move?

Additionally, I'm sure you intend to do this later, but you should make it such that each engine is only available to its respective ship.

Keep up the good work, sir. This looks like it's going to be great. ๐Ÿ†’

Now, could someone help me get my jaw off the floor?!

Oh, versions of the ion engine are quite unavailable for ships other than your own. I was test flying the Anaconda at the time, hence the Anaconda engine. They show in the outfitters, but you can't buy the others.
Oh, I made something for you:

presents warlord with the handy-dandy jaw forklift

says in mock salesperson voice Jaw dropping every time you read an update? Try the Jawinator 4000! It manages your dislocated jaw with ease you never thought possible!

Oh, BTW, you can move without the ion engines. Picture them more as a complete overhaul of the existing ones that รผberizes your ship.

This post has been edited by Cosmic_Nusiance : 01 September 2007 - 11:48 PM

Ok, you wanted me to replace the 101010101010 junk in the intro? You got what you asked for!
Attached File IntroScreen.gif (99.29K)
Number of downloads: 36

EDIT: Hmmm... Doesn't look so good in .gif format... It looks better in PSD, believe me.

This post has been edited by Cosmic_Nusiance : 01 September 2007 - 11:54 PM

Try jpg format. That way you can upload a high res image directly though the forum attachment funtion.
I liked the '11000110' bit, but this one looks cool too (of course!!)

OK! It's off to beta! I hope to finish beta by next weekend and have it up by next sunday. Beta testers, here goes. You've got your work cut out for you. BTW, if you want to beta test, post your email and I'll send you the plug.