Nebula: D.O.A.

I'll beta test, email=egroeg5@hotmaildotcodotuk

You know I wanna. zapp27@hotmail.com, just in case you forgot.

Can't wait 'till it gets out of beta! Send me all your updates, and I will find all of the bugs!

Also, allow me to introduce the Jawinator 8000! Capable of fixing multiple fallen jaws at once! Business is hoppin' when they keep droppin'!

Uh Oh! Not A Beta Release!

hires secret agents to steal the blueprints and erase the harddrives

But, seriously, it's gonna be good....

Ah. I love the smell of non-bugginess in the morning. I squashed four bugs flat and made some outfits that were showing up outside of the string get to their proper places in the storyline.

Beta is almost complete. I haven't had a new bug report in two days.

I have one. You should switch the SF to 'doesn't affect boundaries' so I don't have this blob of light blue in the middle of fed space.

Oh, and check your e-mail if you haven't already ::mysterious smile::

@zapp, on Sep 5 2007, 09:21 PM, said in Nebula: D.O.A.:

I have one. You should switch the SF to 'doesn't affect boundaries' so I don't have this blob of light blue in the middle of fed space.

Oh, and check your e-mail if you haven't already ::mysterious smile::

Oh, yeah That might be a good idea. Although maybe not a bu per se...

@cosmic_nusiance, on Sep 5 2007, 08:16 PM, said in Nebula: D.O.A.:

Beta is almost complete. I haven't had a new bug report in two days.

I'd give it longer than that. Try two weeks. Sometimes it takes a little bit for the discovery of a new bug, which can sometimes be a major one.

One that technically isn't a bug, but does make the game a little frustrating, is that you start out with a fairly impressive status, but the average joe wouldn't know what to do.

I'm just thinking from a practicality standpoint, here. One, are you intending to have anyone (from noobs to seasoned pros) try this Quasi-TC out? If so, then it'd be a bit overwhelming to someone who's just walking into the game. Two, is the player going to get hired by Detachment 17? If so, you could just have the player start the game out as if they were playing stock Nova, and it would work just fine.

P.S.: I have a PM that'll reach you shortly.

@joshtigerheart, on Sep 6 2007, 06:51 AM, said in Nebula: D.O.A.:

I'd give it longer than that. Try two weeks. Sometimes it takes a little bit for the discovery of a new bug, which can sometimes be a major one.

That, and the fact that most testers don't play-test 24h a day, every day of the week.

@warlord-mike, on Sep 6 2007, 01:50 AM, said in Nebula: D.O.A.:

One that technically isn't a bug, but does make the game a little frustrating, is that you start out with a fairly impressive status, but the average joe wouldn't know what to do.

I'm just thinking from a practicality standpoint, here. One, are you intending to have anyone (from noobs to seasoned pros) try this Quasi-TC out? If so, then it'd be a bit overwhelming to someone who's just walking into the game. Two, is the player going to get hired by Detachment 17? If so, you could just have the player start the game out as if they were playing stock Nova, and it would work just fine.

P.S.: I have a PM that'll reach you shortly.

That's not the actual character that will be in the game. The new version has a standard shuttle and 25,000 credits.

You gotta understand, the plug designer makes an uber pilot to test their plug out, as it saves time and makes everything much, much easier. Generally, that's the idea behind the char starting out with 25mil and a Destroyer (though I woulda made it a Carrier).

Exactly. I wouldn't want my loyal beta testers wasting valuable time saving up to test an expensive outfit or ship. 25,000,000 insures that they can afford almost everything, as well as multiples of everything. I'd hate to miss a bug because a tester couldn't save up enough to buy a ship or outfit.

<all aforementioned stuff>

Oh. Didn't think about that. Though now I understand why.

Well, thanks for clearing all that up. Makes me understand what's going on, now.

Say, Cosmic Nuisance, I have a good idea that you might like (or have already done)-Why not make some space black vipers or anacondas and use 'em as stealth recon ships? You could even make a black fed destroyer and say that it's a nuclear missile platform, kind of like a space destroyer in that it launches 'cruise' missiles. That might be kind of neat.

Erm, don't just test with a hugely advanced pilot. Don't forget some might actually start with little, and henceforth be faced with much more difficulties than you.
The only way you can test the difficulty of a plug is by doing both.

Alright. Based on the constructive criticism, I'm putting it through at least another week of beta. Probably better for me, too, as Geek just sent me a bunch of clever ways to make gameplay better.

@pace, on Sep 7 2007, 03:38 PM, said in Nebula: D.O.A.:

Erm, don't just test with a hugely advanced pilot. Don't forget some might actually start with little, and henceforth be faced with much more difficulties than you.
The only way you can test the difficulty of a plug is by doing both.

I agree with Pace here; my 1-man Beta team for the Teaser found a few little bugs in the pre-Anathema stages of the game by making a new pilot and taking it through. Since Nebula seems to start way earlier in a pilot's career, I know that will be less of an issue, but still an issue nevertheless.

Ok, the story for future versions of Nebula is complete. I have all the ideas, they just need refinement and details, not to mention graphics and outfits and other plugin-related paraphernalia. 😄 Remember, I need all the help I can get to get these completed quickly, and I can always use people to do outfits, ships, weapons, etc. The more, the merrier!