Nebula: D.O.A.

@cosmic_nusiance, on Sep 8 2007, 03:55 AM, said in Nebula: D.O.A.:

Remember, I need all the help I can get to get these completed quickly, and I can always use people to do outfits, ships, weapons, etc. The more, the merrier!

Like I said in the high tide topic I can help out with some minor non graphics/bit stuff if you need any help.

This post has been edited by egroeg5 : 08 September 2007 - 02:48 AM

I might be able to find the time to make some outfits for you. You've seen my skill level already, so if you need some help just say so.

@shlimazel, on Sep 8 2007, 10:53 AM, said in Nebula: D.O.A.:

I might be able to find the time to make some outfits for you. You've seen my skill level already, so if you need some help just say so.

So.

Okay, so send me a PM with the details and I'll see what I can do. It took me 8 minutes to craft a hypergate for Colloseum, so that gives you an idea of my speed.

You already know what I'm working on ::secretive smile:: And I got a few more ideas. Well, its not that secretive, but whatever.

:secretive secretive smile: Actually, it wasn't that secretive.

Actually, the way I made it, it turned out to be an early run to the Rebel storyline, which is kind of weird.

Ok, it might be a while before another post on this topic. All today I was at our church's annual picnic, so I lost a whole sunday. I'm going to have to work hard and fast to get it done on time.

I had found a bug and was going to report it (more of an... oh I remember now because I had forgotten). It's not a bug, per say, but it's more of a balancing issue. I just captured me a PVIV from my Fed Destroyer, and went to deck it out with stuff from New Sparta. Guess what? The Compound Steel weighed 1 ton, making it take up 5 tons and give me 2500 bonus armor and who knows how much ion protection. I could probably go up against a fleet of Manticores and not get ionized once. Just wanted to point that out, though it probably is my favorite outfit of the plug 😄

@zapp, on Sep 10 2007, 02:46 PM, said in Nebula: D.O.A.:

I had found a bug and was going to report it (more of an... oh I remember now because I had forgotten). It's not a bug, per say, but it's more of a balancing issue. I just captured me a PVIV from my Fed Destroyer, and went to deck it out with stuff from New Sparta. Guess what? The Compound Steel weighed 1 ton, making it take up 5 tons and give me 2500 bonus armor and who knows how much ion protection. I could probably go up against a fleet of Manticores and not get ionized once. Just wanted to point that out, though it probably is my favorite outfit of the plug 😄

2500 armor?!?! I thought I fixed that...

2500 armor?!?

Hmm, that sounds like a good outfit! I wouldn't mind having one of those.

That's exactly the problem. I think it was suposed to be like 200 armor, possibly less. It's also supposed to be pretty expensive.

Mistakes like that can be pretty annoying. I've made a few working on Spacelane, and it never gets less annoying. 😉

Wait until you make the amusing mistakes. Ever seen a ship come charging at you, guns blazing, shooting backwards? :laugh:

Wow, that's hilarious! Is that particular feature in Colloseum? 😉

@joshtigerheart, on Sep 11 2007, 01:55 PM, said in Nebula: D.O.A.:

Wait until you make the amusing mistakes. Ever seen a ship come charging at you, guns blazing, shooting backwards? :laugh:

How the heck does that happen?

Ask Qaanol, I'd imagine...

Well, I would, but I'm not too crazy about climbing a mountain to reach his little cave and ask The Wise Old Nova Hermit about the mysteries of the universe, let alone the game engine.

How the heck does that happen?

Give a weapon negative speed, put it on a A.I. ship, and get it angry with you.

@shlimazel, on Sep 11 2007, 01:03 PM, said in Nebula: D.O.A.:

Wow, that's hilarious! Is that particular feature in Colloseum? 😉

It's how I got the Flame Exhaust to not swivel, which wouldn't have made sense. Nova doesn't have a gun-exit point setting for "fixed rear cannons", so I had to come up with a work around.

That means that you could have a rear-firing blaster and reverse the sprite so that it faces the other way so it'd still look right. That's awesome! Mind if I steal the idea?