A few rleDs

All of the picts are rleDs now.

I didn't change the dimensions either but somewhere in the process I suppose it must have happened. The only ones it really makes a difference for are the Starbridge, Thunderhead, and Valkerie because their perfect dimensions lie somewhere between 39 and 40 but I have had to set them to 39. This causes a tiny piece of the ship on the bottom row to be cut off and put at the top of the next page - probably not noticable in the game but quite noticable in the rleD.

I tried to resize the images on Paint but even the slightest alteration make them look bugly (yes the 'b' is supposed to be there).

I don't get it, when I open the images in Photoshop they all have the proper dimensions.
I'm sorry they didn't work so well dude. I can try re-sending if you want... Other than that I can't really think of anything else.

This post has been edited by Sp3cies : 16 November 2007 - 03:52 PM

I could create the rles if you like.

The graphics you made were great sp3cies, don't let my problems get you down.

Maybe you could send those spins you made to Guy. He might be able so see what happened, if anything.

...why would you get the dimensions by trial and error? Just check them in any number of programs. In Paint, if you click on the bottom right resize thingy, and don't move the mouse. At the bottom of the window, it will tell you the size of the image. Divide by the number of frames horizontally and vertically (usually the same) and you have your dimensions.

Also: don't make it fit perfectly, ever! If it's between 39 and 40, set it to at least 40. But don't even do that: set it to like 60+. All the game's sprites do this and it makes it look better anyway, since the targeting box goes around the full size of the sprite (i.e. it would look retarded if the ship fit perfectly because the box would be right next to the ship).

As for the banking sprites, you need to arrange the two sets under the main one. In other words, a 36-frame sprite set would be 6x18 frames, the first 6 rows being normal, the next 6 banking left, and the next 6 banking right. As someone else suggested, you should try exporting one of Nova's and see how it's done.

This post has been edited by orcaloverbri9 : 17 November 2007 - 08:58 PM

I'm not quite sure that I know what you are talking about.

Here, I'll give you an example of what I mean.

Attached File(s)

That is completely munted. A Valkyrie should be 48x48. What happens when you create an rleD at that size?

I set it to 48x48 for this one. Have a look.

Attached File(s)

Hm, it might be a DPI issue. Not sure how Paint or EVNEW deal with DPI though, so can't offer any advice on what to about it.

Wait, so should I send Guy the picts? Or are things working better now?

If you could send Guy just the three pics. The Lightning, Starbridge, and Valk to see if he can get better results that would be great.

Okay, got the pics and RLE'd them.
I also poked around on Windows and managed to determine the cause of your problem: It's Picture Viewer's fault. For future reference, always work with pngs rather than picts.
Though EVNEW's RLE maker could certainly be much better. You only need two pieces of information to create an rle from an image: Either the x/y frame size or the x/y grid size. Asking for 6 pieces of information is just ridiculous.

This post has been edited by Guy : 20 October 2009 - 04:30 AM

Awesome Guy. I have them incorporated.

First I draw an "S", then I draw a more different "S".

If you get Sp3cies to send you the remaining pics as png then they'll all be fine.

Is goed. Just let me know if you want them or not.

Yes I would like them. 🙂

Getting into lots of school work... I will try to get them to you tonight, if not then tomorrow will have to do but you will definitely have them by then.

Any time is fine. Believe me, I'm in no hurry.

Just sent them off.