Lethe/Cydonian War

Resurrected From the Dead

A few years back I started a plug in EV called Lethe/Cydonian War. I got to the point in the story where I had 47+ missions and the EV engine simply had no room left for me to put stuff in the plug. I decided at the time that it was not worth the effort to finish the plug. Well now I've decided to finish it using the Nova Engine and Guy's Unofficial EV Port ( required ). So far I've run it through SpacePort ( the latest version ) and fixed dozens of things, including some of the ship descriptions, some graphics, ship stats and other random stuff. I plan to have this plug finished sometime next year as it doesn't require all that much more, but it does need some serious rewriting in certain areas.

Anyway, as I did before, I would like people to test it, tell me what they think so I can make it a true war between Lethe and Cydonia ( and to get all the bugs out ).

Archived using Plugin Archiver 2, and is in the Mac format.

Old: Download ithere.

Download the latest.

This post has been edited by EVWeb : 16 November 2007 - 03:40 AM

Woo! Lethe forever!

Holy plug-in necromancy Bat-Man! I thought for sure that new EV:Classic-themed plugs were gone for good!

Even though you're making this in the Nova engine, I applaud you, EVWeb, for going back to the game's roots. Back in the day, a lot of people tried to do something with the Lethe-Cydonian water-war, but such efforts seldom went anywhere significant, and often the whole angle was tacked on to a more significant plug as a minor side-string. Best of luck to you with your efforts; may you have more success than your predecessors did.

@mrxak, on Nov 11 2007, 08:04 AM, said in Lethe/Cydonian War:

Woo! Lethe forever!

PSSSSHHHHH cydonia ftw

Updated!

Download the latest.

This version includes completely reworked mission texts for both mission lines ( although the Lethe line still needs work ).

It also includes a new graphic for the

Spoiler

Cydonian Gunship.

This new graphic is supposed to fit in with the classic EV ships.

Many missions have been fixed and they all now can be aborted.

The Lethe missions need more work than the Cydonian ones, but tell me problems in either, and give me suggestions on how things could be done better.

The missions can now be started from any planet not of the opposing gov't.

It is pretty cool that you're making a plug for a plug, there should be a lot more of that.

@mrxak, on Nov 12 2007, 04:34 AM, said in Lethe/Cydonian War:

It is pretty cool that you're making a plug for a plug, there should be a lot more of that.

If EVWeb made a version of L/C War for rEVisited (as CaptJosh has been doing for Clavius), that would be a plug for a plug for a plug. 😉

@dr--trowel, on Nov 12 2007, 10:57 AM, said in Lethe/Cydonian War:

If EVWeb made a version of L/C War for rEVisited (as CaptJosh has been doing for Clavius), that would be a plug for a plug for a plug. 😉

That would never happen. Seeming as I don't like rEVisited ( it just seems wrong ).

Updated.

Download the latest.

Fixed

Spoiler

Cydonian Gunship

graphic.

Added new

Spoiler

Lethean Advanced Clipper

graphic ( one that goes with the EV graphics, unlike the old one ).

Did some major balance work. I'll work more on the story, but I figured working on the balance is important too. Especially if it's gonna be fun to play the missions and get the number of ships that follow right.

Did some other random fixes etc.

Also added a plug that can be put in at the end either storyline to show a system which will have battles between both sides as with their new stuff.

This post has been edited by EVWeb : 16 November 2007 - 03:40 AM